PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in: Can I Bypass the Lobby?

MrPeetrie
03-28-2015, 11:24 PM
I was watching on YouTube others enjoy their Disney vacation (because it helps ease the pain of missing Walt Disney World) when the vlog maker received a text on her phone, notifying her that her room was ready. It listed the room number.

When she stepped off the Magical Express, a Cast Member asked her if she had received a text, then told her she could go directly to her room. She had done online checking and (of course) she had her bands on so I assume that means she had her room key.

Is this happening now? She was a Vacation Club member. Does that make a difference?

Don't get me wrong, I actually like going to the lobby and "checking in." Getting all the pamphlets, maps, and brochures sort of starts me in the mood of a vacation. But, going straight to your room off the bus and freshening up sounds pretty good, too.

What do you think?

Cinderelley
03-29-2015, 04:16 AM
If the line is short, I think I would like to check in. If it is long, going straight to the room would be nice.

VWL Mom
03-29-2015, 06:43 AM
Direct to room check in is now available at all the resorts. You can read about it here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=208391&highlight=direct+to+room).