PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Purchase Question

MrPeetrie
03-26-2015, 09:37 PM
If I purchase our Annual Passes online from the My Disney Experience page, how do I make sure it doesn't begin it's "year" until I arrive? Then, if I do that, how do I make my FP+ reservations if my Pass isn't valid yet?

I know this has probably already been asked and answered before, but please bear with me. I'm not "tech" savvy.

Fangorn
03-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Annual passes do not become "active" until they are used for the first time - just the same as with any other ticket. The clock starts ticking when it's first used, not when you purchase it. Prior to being used the first time, your MDE account will show the AP, but it will indicate that the pass is not active. Once you use it, your account will show the expiration date as one year from the date of the first use. (Keep your receipts though, and check that date after the first use. We upgraded unused tickets to AP last October and they got the date wrong - they used the purchase date rather than the first use date. Easily fixed, but still...)

In the same way as any other ticket, if the AP (active or not) is linked to your account, you'll be able to make fp+ reservations at the appropriate time - 60 days out if you have a reservation at a Disney resort, 30 days forward from today if you don't.

Steve

Priority Four
03-27-2015, 09:57 AM
I was told by a vacation adviser not to buy an annual pass until the last minute in case they have a special offer on them. So I am going to buy mine sixty one days out one day before the sixty day FPP window. Unless I find a deal she spoke of.

SurferStitch
03-27-2015, 12:49 PM
A special offer would be nice, but I've never seen one in the 12 years we've been buying them.

I've only seen deals for DVC members, and the standard renewal discount.

But, if one does come up, please share!! I will buy ours then, too!!