PDA

View Full Version : ADR's-number reserved +1

twinboyz
03-26-2015, 09:18 AM
I have a big dilemma. We booked our dining reservations right at the 180 mark and of course were lucky enough to get every ressie we had hoped for. Now we are 54 days out and it's possible I may have to add one more person. I won't know for another month. We have everything reserved as 2. How hard is it to add 1 more at the time we are there? Do I have to cancel everything and start over?:confused: I don't want to inconvenience others, but I don't have everything confirmed and won't until I'm a few weeks out. I'm sure I know the answer, but wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks in advance.

PopPhan
03-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Adding one to make an odd number can be a trick. You will need to call Disney Dining to actually help you through it. You may have to change times, depending upon the availability of larger tables (a 4 seater vs. a 2 seater) or you may not be able to get a table at all at the new number. They will do their best to work with you.

Adding one to make an even number from an odd number is pretty simple as seating is generally handled in pairs.

TheDuckRocks
03-26-2015, 10:08 AM
I once had to do this exact thing and basically had to start all over and wasn't able to get every place we wanted. We did get all meals covered though and still had a great trip.

magicofdisney
03-26-2015, 10:27 AM
It's much easier to add them when you check in for your dining reservation. I've had this happen plenty of times. Your wait may be a little longer at some locations. For me, that additional waiting was nothing compared to the hassle of starting all over and risking losing one of my choice dining preferences.

That being said, you can always go online and search for 3-person availability. If it's there, you can then cancel your 2-person reservation. Otherwise, leave it as is and add them when arriving at the restaurant.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-26-2015, 04:56 PM
When you're looking for new ADR's, don't forget to look for 4 people, as well as 3. For some reason, the system doesn't like odd numbers as well as even ones.

We're a family of 3, and many times nothing shows as available for 3, but TONS shows for 4. When we need to, we book for 4. :)

twinboyz
03-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Thanks for all the great advice. I appreciate the feedback!:thumbsup: