PDA

View Full Version : One bedroom question

biggins
03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Hello. We had planned last year on booking a stay at a one bedroom villa through disney intstead of regular rooms. Mainly for my then 3 year old, we thought the kitchen and separate bedroom would be nice as nana and grandpa were coming too.There was no problem with the amount of people then. Now, if I try to book the same accomodation when my son has turned 4, it says there are too many people (5 total), for the room. I guess they were ok with a port-a-crib but not with a cot or toddler bed?? Just disappointed.. We wanted to all be in the same room and the two bedroom is out of our price range.

buzznwoodysmom
03-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Try a one bedroom at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. Those sleep 5. There is a king bed in the bedroom, a queen sofa bed in the living room, and a twin/single sleeper chair also in the living room. There are also 2 bathrooms which will come in handy. Plus the full kitchen and a washer and dryer.

I believe the one bedrooms at Bay Lake Tower have a similar set up. Not sure which other one bedrooms sleep 5, but there may be more.

As far as the age of your child, not sure why you are seeing a difference this year. The cutoff is actually once the child turns 3, so last year when your child was 3 you should have faced the same issue you are facing now at age 4.

VWL Mom
03-24-2015, 09:00 PM
As buzznwoodysmom said BLT and AKV sleep 5 and would give you the 2nd bathroom too which is nice. OKW and VGF also sleep 5 in the one bedroom.

bob6572
03-30-2015, 02:33 PM
We stayed at BCV in a one bedroom with 5. As long as you know they will not bring you a cot or extra bedding, there was no problem. Two of our kids slept on the pull out, and my middle one slept on the cushions from the coach we fashioned into a bed on the floor. Worked for us.

Priority Four
03-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Not sure of the completion date, but BCV is re-imagining some rooms to accommodate five
guests

BigRedDad
03-31-2015, 03:35 AM
For Disney, they need to follow the Fire codes. This is why they limit the number of people in rooms. I know from experience (college days) that you can fit a lot more people in a room. The only way they know the number of people in a room is on the reservation. I am not condoning breaking the rules as we did in college. But I think it is ridiculous that they only allow 4 in a 1BR villa when it is more than 2x the space of a Studio.