PDA

View Full Version : How busy are parks in late April?

mommy2maddi
03-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Heading to WDW April 27-May 3 and wondering what to expect as far as crowds go. The only other time I was there was in mid August and it was pretty busy but thanks to careful planning it went smoothly. Not sure what to expect at this time of year. Thanks!!:mickey:

thejens
03-23-2015, 12:13 AM
Very busy, but also great weather and extra hours are available. We did it several times. Just get to the parks when they open and use fast pass and make your ADRs and it's awesome.

mymickeymouse
03-23-2015, 03:24 AM
We are going the next week.any chance the crowds begin to thin out then?:confused:

Ian
03-23-2015, 11:07 AM
It's not one of the busiest times of the year, but it's not slow either. We've gone late April/early May the last few years and I've found the crowds hectic but pretty manageable.

I wouldn't worry about it ... you'll have a great time!

Fangorn
03-23-2015, 12:02 PM
We're going the last week of April, first week of May. I just looked at fp options. I'm seeing availability for 7DMT everyday from April 15 on. That's well inside the 30 day window. So I'm guessing that crowds aren't going to be particularly bad.

Steve

azcavalier
03-23-2015, 01:50 PM
We've been twice during that time, and will be back again this year. It's always been great! Never thought that it was particularly crowded. And the weather is fantastic, with occasional rain.

mymickeymouse
03-24-2015, 05:43 AM
wwwwoooohhhhoooo!!!!!:party::cloud9::D:beer:

Tink1
03-24-2015, 09:54 AM
I think a lot about the crowds in late April depends on how Easter falls. The latest Easter can ever be is April 25th. The earliest is March 22.

If Easter is late it is crowded in late April.

If it is earlier, I find late April the perfect time to go. Nice weather, lower crowds.

Disney has done a great job at controlling their "off" seasons and there is no truly "low" crowd time any longer IMHO

Nanc

SBETigg
03-24-2015, 09:57 AM
It all depends on Easter, as others have said. If you go during the week before or week after Easter, expect big crowds. But the rest of April is usually very pleasant with moderate crowds and great weather. Easter is April 5th this year.

afowl1017
03-30-2015, 09:57 AM
How exciting! We are going that week too! The date that Easter falls seems to be the key. I have been many different times of the year and it can't be as bad in the middle of summer when it is unbearably hot AND crowded! So I believe it will be a wonderful time...CAN'T WAIT! :woohoo:

manutd1
03-30-2015, 08:25 PM
All of the "planning web sites" even some more obscure ones show the forecast for early May this year to be another great time togo. We almost always go early May or the last week of April. ALWAYS light crowds! Not quite as light as Sept. but close:thumbsup: Just have to take the kiddos out of school, but thats a non issue.

mommy2maddi
03-31-2015, 02:00 PM
How exciting! We are going that week too! The date that Easter falls seems to be the key. I have been many different times of the year and it can't be as bad in the middle of summer when it is unbearably hot AND crowded! So I believe it will be a wonderful time...CAN'T WAIT! :woohoo:
We have also been in the middle of summer and the crowds AND the weather were absolutely horrendous. I agree with the statements that it depends on Easter as this is when many schools have spring break. I'm sure we will have a fantastic time! :mickey::cloud9: