PDA

View Full Version : My ADRs and an Online Booking Problem Solved

MrPeetrie
03-22-2015, 02:39 PM
First off, I want to thank everyone here for their much appreciated advice regarding both food choices, as well as booking strategies. For the most part, my ADR booking went very well. I did encounter one problem and I'll post about how I figured out a solution at the post's end. But first, the good stuff:

Arrival Day.) Lunch at Rainforest Cafe (AK); dinner at Raglan Road.
Day 1.) Lunch at Be Our Guest; dinner at La Hacienda
Day 2.) Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo Review
Day 3.) Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre
Day 4.) Character Breakfast at Akershus; Dinner at Trattoria al Forno
Day 5.) Character Breakfast at Tusker House; Lunch at Yak & Yeti
Day 6.) Dinner at Bongo's
Day 7.) Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe; dinner at World Showcase (Food & Wine Festival soft opening!!!!!!!!!)
Day 8.) Breakfast at La Ventanas
Day 9.) Breakfast at Ohanas
Day 10.) Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Now, to post about the glitch. (I've read others have experienced the same problem with online reservations.)

At 6:00 a.m., I logged into My Disney Experience page and went to Dining Reservations. When I selected the calendar from the Dining Page Home Page, all 10 days of my vacation were active. However, when I tried to book ADRs for dates after 7 days, they became "greyed out."

For example, from the Home Page, I filtered to include only Disney's Polynesian Village then Selected Ohanas, which then took me to the Ohana Reservation page. However, when I tried to select the proper day, it was greyed out. (It was active on the Dining Reservation Home Page, but greyed out on the Individual Restaurant Reservation Page!) We are arriving on the 17th and I was unable to book (at first) past the 25th. I waited until 7:00 am and dialed 407 WDW-DINE and was unable to proceed that way either. I tried another way and it worked perfectly.

I navigated back to the Dining Reservation Home Page. I selected the 26th, and filtered to include only Disney's Polynesian Village. On the top tab, I selected the TIME, PARTY SIZE, and clicked FIND TABLES. To be clear here, I did not scroll down to the individual restaurant, but rather used the top Navigation Tabs to give me a list of restaurants that fit my criteria.

The next page was a list of four restaurants at Disney's Polynesian Village with available time slots that fit my criteria. Included, was Ohanas at 8:30. I selected that and proceeded with the rest of the reservation.

I used the same proceedure for the next day, as well, and it worked perfectly. If this is unclear, feel free to PM me and I'll provide my phone number and step you through it.

VWL Mom
03-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Nice list of ADR's! Thanks for the work around, I'll have to give it a try when we make ADR's for September. When I made our May ones the same sort of thing happened with the 180 + 10 showing but not letting me book past day 1. Hopefully your hint will help.

pixiesmimi
03-31-2015, 07:47 AM
I had that same problem today. I had to navigate around but was able to get all of our reservations for our week except BOG. I can't believe it is already booked up even exactly at 6:00 on our 180 day mark. I tried calling and was told our 180 days wasn't until tomorrow. :confused: So I went back to online. I guess I will keep trying and hope for a cancellation.