PDA

View Full Version : Reservations Open March 20 For Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party

Patricia
03-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Imagine enjoying an exclusive, unforgettable view of the fireworks over Cinderella Castle while you indulge in a decadent dessert experience. The newly enhanced Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park allows you to do just that.

Beginning July 5, 2015, Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park will be enhanced and transformed into the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Relax in a reserved seating area with family and friends over delicious desserts and beverages.

Delight in a selection of themed desserts prepared daily by our pastry chef including chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate mousse, and ice cream. Delectable new additions to the menu include a variety of seasonal fruit and cheese, Disney character-themed cupcakes, and more! As the fireworks begin, celebrate with a sparkling cider toast and create a special memory with family and friends. Throughout the evening, you can now enjoy hot drinking chocolate and signature lemonades as well as coffee and tea.

Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party is $49 for adults, $29 for children, tax included. Reservations can be made beginning on March 20 by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine, or calling 407-WDW-DINE. Remember, you can also make your next visit to Epcot extra sweet by making a reservation to enjoy the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party during the Epcot nighttime fireworks spectacular.

Pirate Granny
03-19-2015, 07:00 PM
Wow...price when first started was $19.99, and it has inched up greatly since then..so the addition of cheese and fruits is the only change...oh maybe the cupcakes.

Price way out of my pocketbook for our family trips.

snowflakegirl
03-19-2015, 09:36 PM
I was hoping dates would open up for our trip in August and was contemplating this as a nice treat for my family and friends I'm traveling with...the increase in price for what seems to be very little in "enhancements" helps make my decision for me, I guess.

Patricia
03-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Personally, I wouldn't pay $29 for a child's dinner let alone dessert. Wait.. I wouldn't pay $49 for my dinner! Yep, special fireworks dessert is out for me and I'm ok with that. :mickey:

magicofdisney
03-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Sticker shock here also. What are they thinking? What are the people thinking that do this? I'm not being rude, I'm seriously curious how this cost is justified.

Is the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party the same price?

#1donaldfan
03-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Wow !! That is incredibly high for a chocolate dipped strawberry.

BrerGnat
03-20-2015, 12:45 PM
That is insane. As they say about fools and their money...

SurferStitch
03-20-2015, 12:50 PM
We were thinking about booking the dessert party for our next trip, but there isn't enough chocolate and strawberries (and sparkling cider) to warrant $49 per person!

For the small enhancement to the offerings (and we DID have cupcakes when we were there a couple years ago), it's definitely not worth the extra bucks.

For $100, I can have some awesome desserts and libations in Epcot!!!

Checkers
03-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Agree wholeheartedly about the cost. We had thought of doing it in Nov. but at these prices, no way. Again, what were they thinking?

VWL Mom
03-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Is the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party the same price?

Yes it is and for that there is no seating just tall tables to stand at.

Patricia
03-21-2015, 11:57 AM

:shrug:

sonamae80
03-23-2015, 11:21 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So bummed! I loved the Tomorrowland Dessert Party...but not $50 worth! :( :(

Maybe if no one books they'll realize it's priced too high?! Then again, Illuminations is priced the same and it stays booked, doesn't it? I just can't justify $50 for a pretty good place to watch fireworks and some desserts! Makes me sad!

Davy Crockett
05-19-2015, 02:40 PM

They've taken away assigned tables??? Last trip we did this and it was nice to not have to wait in a line. We walked up, checked in were taken to our table with our families name card sitting on it and got to sit and REST - Lol
Some days it's the little things (like getting to sit down) that make smile!
Now not only are they jacking up the price they are removing the actually tables and replacing them with some form of Bar / Pub talls???

What about families that have small children, how the heck is a 4 or 5 year old going to be able to access or utilize those - BAD IDEA!

Leave it up to Disney to take something that was working and flub it up...

NJGIRL
05-25-2015, 01:56 PM
I have a couple of problems with the price:

1. Anything were you pay $50 per person better include a place to sit down and include a table to put your plate on.

2. How many desserts can a person eat. My husband is a big sweets eater and even he can only eat 2 pieces of cake in one sitting. If apps were included the price might be justified.

3. These food/fireworks "parties" only last for a short period of time. I think this one is one hour (please correct me if I am wrong). You are invested in watching the fireworks so I bet many people don't eat that much. Now if you had a wrist band and could go back through out the night to get a snack, that might be worth it.