PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey from beach club

kgoulash
03-18-2015, 05:52 PM
We booked a breakfast at chef Mickey and are staying at beach club. This will be our first year without a rental car, can we take a bus from our resort to the contemporary or will we have to take a bus to TTC and then a monorail?
Also does anyone have an estimate about how long it will take us to get there? I'm hoping I didn't make my ADR too early!
Thanks in advance

VWL Mom
03-18-2015, 07:30 PM
Depending on your ADR time, you could take the bus from your hotel to MK and then walk over to the CR. You could also take the monorail from MK to CR but walking would probably be quicker.

WDWForever
03-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Second that. Bus to MK and walk right over to Contemporary.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Take the bus to MK, then walk the five-minute walk from MK to the Contemporary. We always stay at BCV and eat breakfast one morning at Chef Mickey's, and this is how we get there. Just leave yourself enough time. Since the buses theoretically run 20 minutes apart, don't cut it so close that if you just miss a bus and have to wait a full 20 minutes, plus the 10-15-minute ride to MK, plus the walk from MK to Contemporary, you'll miss your reservation. I'd factor in a full 20-minute wait for the bus.

The only catch is that the buses start running an hour before park opening, so if your reservation time would require you to leave BC earlier than the buses start running, you'd have to find an alternate mode of transportation. I have read and heard that most people in that circumstance take a taxi.