PDA

View Full Version : Another FP+ question

Lizzie
03-17-2015, 06:35 PM
We are going this fall Sept or October. Family of six. We normally get up and get to rope drop or go to whatever park that has early entry. And as it gets hotter and the crowds pick up we generally grab lunch and go back to the hotel for a swim.

Than at night we go to whatever park our dinner reservation is by.

My question is do I make our fast pass plus reservations for in the morning at the morning park? And how close together do you book them?

Or do I make them at the park we plan on going to at night. But I am not sure how long dinner might take.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-17-2015, 08:22 PM
We have a similar touring plan. Start early at a park, then a break, and then off to another park for dinner.

I wouldn't bother getting FP+ for first thing in the morning, as lines are generally pretty good first thing.

You could:
a) book FP+ at the first park starting about 11, book one for 11, one for 12 and one for 1 and then head back for lunch and break. Do the rides without lines before then.

or

b) book them at the second park, maybe one or two before dinner, and then the last one after? We've done this a lot ... and it works out pretty well.

Each FP+ window is good for an hour, and you can figure on about 90 minutes for dinner, so anything after that and you're all good.

AndrewJackson
03-17-2015, 08:42 PM
I would hit rope drop and do as many rides as possible before using your first FP+. Then, get your first one 3 hrs before you leave for a resort break, the. 2 hrs, then 1 hr. For example, If you plan on leaving at 1:00, get an FP+ for 11:00, 12:00, and 1:00. Then, go to a kiosk and get your fourth FP+ for early evening when you return.

I've heard that during light crowds, it's possible to get as many as 6 FPs in a day.

Lizzie
03-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Consider that you cannot get additional FP+s until after your first three are used or expire. Therefore, to maximize your FP+ experience, your best bet is probably to get all three in your morning park so that you can get additional FP+s for the afternoon/evening park.

conan617
03-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Consider that you cannot get additional FP+s until after your first three are used or expire. Therefore, to maximize your FP+ experience, your best bet is probably to get all three in your morning park so that you can get additional FP+s for the afternoon/evening park.

This was exactly my thought process last year when planning for Sept/Oct. I scheduled FP+ for 9/10/11AM thinking I could continue to add FP+s throughout the day. What I actually found was that I was typically cancelling the morning FP+s and moving selections to later in the day. The reasoning was there was either no line and a FP+ was not required OR the FP+ line was LONGER than the standby line. Even CMs were telling us to save our FP+s for later in the day. After a few days of this, I started booking FP+s for the park we were going to be in the evening or late afternoon. I was able to get all the E-ticket attractions except 7DMT that day.

For this upcoming Sept, I'm booking FP+ for late afternoon. We tour like you, Lizzie. Up for Rope Drop back to the resort or DTD mid-day, then dinner and close out the park in the evening. For us, it just seemed to work better to have the FP+s scheduled in the park we will be at in the evening. This eliminated the time I spent on my phone changing them all morning or looking for kiosks and standing in line to change. I assume that by my 2016 trip I will be able to schedule a FP+ for the FP+ kiosk.;)

DisneyGiant
03-18-2015, 03:04 PM

Keep in mind - most of the Fastpasses available the day of (after your 3 are done) - are not the "good ones."

You may be better off using your FP+ for the evening........

MrPeetrie
03-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Do any of my fellow InterCotees remember playing RTS (real-time strategy) games? My favorite was Red Alert 2.

When I became addicted, I began researching build strategies, i.e what building or item to purchase first and what corresponding order to proceed in order to get your base up and running FAST! [Construction Yard. Refinery. Infantry. Armored vehicles building. Second harvester, etc.] Make sure you do things in the correct order or you'll get wiped out quickly!

Does FastPass+-strategy plans remind anyone else a bit like that? Make sure you do things in the proper order or you'll get wiped out! I'm anxious about our upcoming September trip.

manutd1
03-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Keep in mind - most of the Fastpasses available the day of (after your 3 are done) - are not the "good ones."

You may be better off using your FP+ for the evening........
Disagree.
If you use your FP for the evening...you are 110% guaranteeing you won't get anymore.
Book the rides you want early....then get more after the three used up. There is always something "good" available. It probably won't be the mine ride of course...or a few others..but I have always seen Splash, Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion readily available. But, I haven't seen any travel plan web site...that suggest using them in the evening.....UNlESS you only plan to be there in the evening.:thumbsup:

manutd1
03-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Yes...:thumbsup: I have found this works very well.

Lizzie
03-18-2015, 08:02 PM
All of this hurts my head a little bit. Ugh.

yankeesfan123
03-19-2015, 06:51 AM
Basically:

There are different strategies. Neither is right or wrong. It's your choice.