PDA

View Full Version : No Line Tour

Snow's Mom
03-17-2015, 06:35 PM
What would your itinerary suggestions be for arrival at the MK, EP and DS at noon, staying until almost closing? The idea here is not to stand in line for big rides, but to see and do as much as possible in a partial day.

This is for a group of friends who have never been there before. Mornings are booked with a special activity, and reserving FP+ ahead of time is not possible. Is a FP still a possibility at noon? Or are there better strategies to keep the waits down?

I'd include: ride the Monorail, take a boat from Epcot to the Boardwalk, eat a Mickey ice cream bar...

What walk-ons do you recommend?

Aurora
03-17-2015, 08:55 PM
I believe if you're not getting any FP+, you also couldn't get FPs at the kiosks. As I understand, you can only get additional FPs if you've used up your 3 advance FP+s during the day.

Is this for your late April trip (per previous posts)? Crowd levels have been pretty unpredictable in the last few years, but this is generally a good time to go for crowds. You'll be starting out right in the middle of the day, which will have some of the highest wait times for the more popular attractions.

So at the MK, I would do the WDW Railroad, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Hall of Presidents and Swiss Family Treehouse. All of those are usually short or no waits. I can't imagine going to the MK, let alone with first-timers, without going to PIrates and the Haunted Mansion, so check the wait times to see if you can manage it. It's a Small World is also nice for first-timers. If you don't want a long wait, forget the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan and Space Mountain. You can sometimes get lucky with Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Splash Mountain at the end of the night.

For short or no waits at Epcot, I'd try ANY of the country pavilions with movies, the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and a walk through Innoventions. Journey to Imagination is a possibility for no wait. Forget Test Track and Soarin' without FPs.

For DHS, anything except the Tower of Tower, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours should be fine. The Great Movie Ride might have a wait, but it would be nice to take first-timers even if there's a line. Most of the line is inside where you watch the movie clips on the screen, so it doesn't seem long.

Besides rides, the fireworks and castle show at the MK and Illuminations in Epcot are always enjoyable. My kids absolutely love the Boardwalk at night. The boat ride from the Studios to the Epcot resorts is much longer than Epcot/Boardwalk.

Have a wonderful trip!

Snow's Mom
03-18-2015, 07:47 PM
Yes, it's for April trip for HS kids. They do music workshops in the morning, then spend the rest of the day in each of the three parks. No AK.

These are creative kids who care about more than just thrill rides. I agree with all of your suggestions so far.

Does anyone else have something fun to add to the "no line" tour?