PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas - FP+ & Trip Planning Issues

Gypsysmak
03-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi. I have a dilemma and need help brainstorming how to plan around it. I'm having an issue with the new FP+ set up (which I thought was great, until now). I'm hoping the answer will be obvious to you, as I have over-thought our Disney vacation way too much.

I booked our vacation a long time ago knowing that my husband might not be able to stay for the whole 9 days, but not thinking it was a big deal until now. Our 60 day FP+ reservations come up in 2 weeks and I just found out that my husband can't stay for half of our vacation. We have 7 day tickets. He will only be able to use 3 of those 7. I do not want to forfeit our 60 day FP+ reservations (my daughter is DYING to meet Elsa and Anna), which is what will happen if we shorten our tickets to accommodate my husband and then purchase the extra days once we're in Disney.

At first I thought we could get down there, then purchase the non-expiration add-on for my husband's unused days. Apparently this has been discontinued. We all have to have the same amount of days on our tickets because we purchased a package.

How can I go about keeping the 7 day tickets for my children and me, having a 3 day ticket for my husband, and still get the 60 day FP+ reservation perk?

If it's not confusing enough...my mother will be flying in to take my husband's place and has her own tickets leftover from a previous trip, pre-magic band. I think it is hopeless for her to be able to get FP+ with us, but if you can think of a way to add that for her, that would be awesome. In her case, I thought if we purchase a new ticket for her connected to a magic band, and connect that magic band to my account, then some way I'd be able to add her to my FP+ reservations.

So in summary, Grandmother will need 4 day pass, husband will need 3 day pass, kids and I need 7 day passes. We need 60 FP+ reservations.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for helping me brainstorm!

Julia

Pirate Granny
03-16-2015, 08:16 PM
I believe you are going to have a problem. IF you are on a package you all need to purchase the same tickets. So if you plan to add four days onto your three (now) day package you will not be able to book seven days of FP+. Not sure where mom is sleeping, but you run the same thing. Your room would have to be for five persons, and she also requires a three day pass. She would be able to book only the back three/four days that hubby is not on, cause she isn't there then. So, unfortunately I don't think anything will work. Since a ticket purchase is tied to a package...everyone must purchase the same. Only thing I can think of is hubby eats the days that he won't be using. To be truthful, when the non-expiring tickets were available they were an expensive upgrade. Mom can't be added at 60 days unless she is on your reservation. No resort reservation then she can only book 30 days out and still would need to link her tickets to a my disney experience account.

Gypsysmak
03-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Hahaha...I just read where I wrote "We need 60 FP+ reservations". Don't we all?!?

Thanks for the reply. Is there a significant difference in cost between a package and just reserving a room separate from tickets? We did get the 25% off with a pin code for 4 out of the 9 days of our stay. Would we be able to back out of the package and just have the room booked, and tickets booked separately? Do we still get the 60 day in advance perk for FP+ if we went that route?

Thanks again!