PDA

View Full Version : Buffets

pox24
03-16-2015, 10:46 AM
We have booked a week in Sept with grand kids. Looking for two good buffet dining choices. Chef Mickeys is a definite however its tough to find a second. Although we have gone to all the others already our selves already, it seems the reviews I read now give less than stellar marks for Ohana's, Luau etc.Hope De Doo we have already done with the kids. Need some suggestions and maybe some reviews.

KylesMom
03-16-2015, 10:49 AM
We have always gone to Crystal Palace in the MK and enjoyed both the location and the food :mickey:

VacationDisney
03-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Crystal Palace is our favorite place at MK:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Crystal Palace is our favorite place at MK:mickey:

:ditto:

Tusker House at AK is also a great choice!

laprana
03-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Looks like from your signature you'll be staying at the GF? In that case, 1900 Park Fare might be a good choice for dinner or breakfast. They have a variety of food you don't find at a lot of other buffets, and the character interaction is great, especially the Wicked Step Sisters from Cinderella during dinner! I think breakfast is Alice in Wonderland and possibly Mary Poppins? I've eaten there for both breakfast and dinner and really enjoyed both!

DizneyRox
03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Donalds Safari Breakfast is the best breakfast on property. Trails End is nice for supper, as is Biergarten.

pox24
03-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Thought of that, unfortunately 4 of my 5 grand kids are boys. They have expressed their desire to eat privately with pirates.

deedee73
03-16-2015, 02:23 PM
We too have attended all the character buffets & several stand out for a variety of reasons.

In all of our trips to Disney - Crystal Palace has never disappointed. The character interaction is top notch & the food options include a large variety. We have only done breakfast & lunch at this location but the dinner menu looks great too. I always try to make our bfast ADR early so we can see the MK empty and get some amazing photos.

We enjoy Cape May & Ohana because of the low key & more spacial layout to the restaurant. It just never feels crowded or chaotic like some of the other buffets.

Rounding out our list would be 1900 Park Fare for the food choices & character interactions. The characters always seem plentiful & full of antics here; however, I do feel a little cramped at this location. The next table always seems to be on top of you & the characters seem to struggle getting thru the narrow spacing.

No matter where you choose I am sure the kids will love the experience.

wdwfansince75
03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
We really enjoy the Safari Breakfast...

And Park Faire for dinner...

But with boys...It is difficult for us guys to publicly enjoy the character meals...The Garden Grill allows the interface to be more private...and the food is great...although it is Family style rather than buffet.

DizneyRox
03-17-2015, 12:22 PM
We really enjoy the Safari Breakfast...

And Park Faire for dinner...

But with boys...It is difficult for us guys to publicly enjoy the character meals...The Garden Grill allows the interface to be more private...and the food is great...although it is Family style rather than buffet.

And Garden Grill is way spendy! It's often forgotten I think, very tasty I think but costs an arm and a leg.

TinkerbellT421
03-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Are you looking for character buffets or non-character buffets? Or does it matter?

azcavalier
03-17-2015, 03:13 PM
You could try the Garden Grove Cafe at the Swan. It's a buffet that changes the offerings depending on what day it is, and it has some characters as well.

If you're looking for non-character buffets, Tusker House and Boma are two interesting choices.

cer
03-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I must add that Boma breakfast is delightful.

pixiesmimi
03-18-2015, 06:59 PM
We like Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, Cape May, 1900 Park Faire, Tusker House for Breakfast,

mydisneygirls
03-19-2015, 10:29 AM
I would suggest 1900 Park Fare if you haven't been. The characters alone is worth it -- Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Stepmother and Stepsisters. My second suggestion would be Crystal Palace. The characters there, I think, spent a decent amount of time at each table -- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.

sonamae80
03-19-2015, 10:42 AM
I too, would suggest Garden Grill! Although it is Family Style, the character interaction is wonderful!

My other suggestion was going to be Akershus for breakfast, but I see that you have grandboys! :) The food there is wonderful!!!

We've also done Donald's Safari at the Tusker House in AK and I was very impressed with it! ;)

#1donaldfan
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
If you're not looking for a character only buffet then I highly suggest Trails End Buffet. I have been to nearly every buffet on property and I have to say Trails End is now a must do each trip......it's the best !!!! :mickey:

Susan A
03-24-2015, 11:43 AM
We LOVE the Garden Grill in Epcot. Character interaction is AWESOME! Who doesn't love Mickey, Pluto, and Chip and Dale! Great for boys and girls. Awesome food and dessert. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
03-24-2015, 11:54 AM
I must add that Boma breakfast is delightful.

Agreed. If characters are not a requirement, Boma is one of the best buffets at Disney.

brownie
03-24-2015, 06:36 PM
For breakfast, we like Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe and Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

chrim
03-26-2015, 01:21 AM
These aren't buffets, so perhaps they are way off the mark, but are pirate themed:

morning boat trips for kids only:
WDW Pirate Adventure Cruises (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/pirate-adventure-cruises/)

evening boat trips for adults and kids:
WDW Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/contemporary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/)

On the other hand, while not a buffet, Whispering Canyon Cafe does have an "all-you-care-to-eat" dinner platter option that might work. No pirates, but perhaps cowboy or old west themed attire could work for your grandchildren (if they would want to dress up).

I haven't tried the Garden Grill, but it might work if you want characters (and since you already have plans for Chef Mickey's).

The Tusker House in AK park might be good if you want more non-standard food options (and yes, I realize this is also known as the Donald's Safari Breakfast).

DANAM
03-26-2015, 11:57 PM
evening boat trips for adults and kids:
WDW Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/contemporary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/)

My brother and sister in law did this with my 4 year old nephew in October and she still talks about how wonderful it was. It was chilly and they provided blankets for everyone. Extra attention with characters. They said it was well worth the money.

I was going to suggest Hollywood and Vine. Jake, who is a pirate, is present. Not sure of the age ranges your boys are. My son was 9 last trip and was kind of over it but when he was younger he loved this place. We always enjoy the lunch here. Breakfast was okay and dinner doesn't have characters. I have booked the Fantasmic package at lunch which to me is a double bonus. Seating forFantasmic and Characters :thumbsup: