PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hour Question

MrPeetrie
03-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Hey, gang. It's been a while since we've been at Walt Disney World and I was having trouble remembering about the Extra Magic Hours (Evening.)

On our upcoming trip, Disney's Hollywood Studios will be open 9:00 - 7:30 with EMH from 7:30 - 9:30. My questions is: do we need to arrive BEFORE 7:30 to get in the park? Or may we arrive around 8:00 pm and still be allowed entrance?

Thanks.

VWL Mom
03-16-2015, 07:36 AM
You do not need to arrive prior to the start, 8 PM would work just fine (providing you're staying on site).

MNDisney Dad
03-18-2015, 03:43 PM
If you are not a resort guest, can you still stay in the park? I understand you cannot go on any attractions as we have been resort guests in the past. Just to be able to walk around in the magic and have a few treats would be great.

tjstrike
03-19-2015, 02:29 AM
If you are not a resort guest, can you still stay in the park? I understand you cannot go on any attractions as we have been resort guests in the past. Just to be able to walk around in the magic and have a few treats would be great.

I would say yes, don't think they would tell you to leave, I think all they do is scan MB's at the rides.

manutd1
03-20-2015, 04:18 PM
110% yes you can stay in the park. EMH "only" allows on property guests to ride the attractions. Anyone else...can still venture around. :thumbsup:

CPT Trips
03-26-2015, 06:24 PM
I have a question about the early entry EMH. It has been years since our last visit and at that time, only certain attractions in just a few "lands" of the Magic Kingdom were open. Is this still the situation? If so, what is open?

tjstrike
03-26-2015, 07:48 PM
I have a question about the early entry EMH. It has been years since our last visit and at that time, only certain attractions in just a few "lands" of the Magic Kingdom were open. Is this still the situation? If so, what is open?

Yes, it's still that way, not sure if you can find out ahead of time what's open early until you get a park map for the week you're there.

bob6572
04-02-2015, 08:51 AM
I believe most of the "Lands" are open, but only certain rides and shops are operational at that time.

PopPhan
04-02-2015, 09:31 AM

Qualifier: I mean no disrespect or slight to anyone with this statement.

This is why evening EMH is not worth it anymore. When it started, it was a perk ONLY for resort guests, everyone else was ushered, gently, out of the park at "closing" time. Now, you trip over everyone milling about just because they can be in the park after "closing". It has lost a lot of the "Extra Magic," it is no longer a perk JUST for resort guests.

Speedy1998
04-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Personally I stopped going to EMH years ago, when I realized how many people pour into the park in the evening. The park with EMH tends to get more crowded as the evening goes on.

joonyer
04-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Personally I stopped going to EMH years ago, when I realized how many people pour into the park in the evening. The park with EMH tends to get more crowded as the evening goes on.

This is true, except when the park is open very late (MK), as in from 1:00 am until 3:00 am. My 19 year old son and I stayed for the EMH at those times one night during this past Christmas week (the most crowded week of the year) and after 2 a.m. we had the park almost to ourselves; no lines, no waits (weel except 7DMT had about 10-15 min. queue.
At about 2:45 we were coming out of Frontierland after riding Splash Mountain and we were the ONLY 2 people on the street. No other guests, No Cast members. Only time that's ever happened to me. We didn't run into anyone else until we got up into Liberty Square. It was almost eerie.

mechanic
04-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Love doing the late nights!