PDA

View Full Version : Pollen or Pixiedust?

mickeys_princess_mom
03-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Counting DOWN to the weekend and beyond excited to be going to the Magic, no matter what! Pollen has just descended on us here at home, once again, and I was just wondering if anyone has experienced significant pollen periods at WDW? We've never actually gone during March before, so it may be all about timing. Does it show up in the World? Doesn't matter, I'll wear a clothespin on my nose if I have to, but it would be nice to know what to expect this trip! ;) Does the Pixiedust fight it off? :D

Disney4us2
03-16-2015, 06:34 AM
I'm not bothered by pollen. Make sure you have your allergy meds with you.

My bugaboo is bug bites. Already got my first one. Glad it was on my wrist and not my legs. I get cellulitis easily, especially when bitten on the lower legs.

Hopefully you won't encounter any pollen while you are here. Have a great trip!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-16-2015, 07:41 AM
I'm not bothered by pollen. Make sure you have your allergy meds with you.

My bugaboo is bug bites. Already got my first one. Glad it was on my wrist and not my legs. I get cellulitis easily, especially when bitten on the lower legs.

Hopefully you won't encounter any pollen while you are here. Have a great trip!

Thanks--def bringing them regardless! :wave:

AgentC
03-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Pollen counts are pretty high right now. The early warm weather has made a lot of plants bloom. The primary culprit is oak pollen. I had to start taking my daily allergy pill again about 3 weeks ago.

BriarRose0708
03-16-2015, 05:25 PM
When I was in Tampa last week I had no issues with pollen, but as someone who suffers from many plant allergies I know how quickly things can change! It depends on the kinds of pollen you react to. Luckily I don't have problems in the south, just the Northeast, where I live. Good luck and bring your Benadryl just in case! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Everything here at home has a literal coating of yellow dust! Hopefully it won't be like that. :thumbsup: