PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands - help?

minnie-mouse
03-15-2015, 03:30 PM
If we can't check in to our resort until 3pm, do our magic bands automatically work that morning, so we can go to the park? Or do we have to check with front desk at resort for them to activate our bands first? Help, we have never used the bands before and not sure what to do? Any advice for a novice?

DizneyRox
03-15-2015, 03:46 PM
You certainly can check-in prior to 3pm. You room may not be ready, but no reason to not check in as early as you can.

Your band works for park admission as soon as you get it and link tickets to your account.

VWL Mom
03-15-2015, 03:51 PM
You can check in to your hotel any time but your room may not be ready to 3PM. Last week they started Direct Check In for all resorts so you can bypass the front desk altogether, you need to have your MDE completed with credit card info and PIN numbers when you do online check in and they will text your room number to you when it's ready. If you're driving I'm not sure what you do for complimentary parking at the parks before checking in though but your band and tickets will be active.

SBETigg
03-15-2015, 04:01 PM
You can check in to your hotel any time but your room may not be ready to 3PM. Last week they started Direct Check In for all resorts so you can bypass the front desk altogether, you need to have your MDE completed with credit card info and PIN numbers when you do online check in and they will text your room number to you when it's ready. If you're driving I'm not sure what you do for complimentary parking at the parks before checking in though but your band and tickets will be active.

On another thread, someone confirmed that for Direct Check-In, they have your parking passes at the security gate, so no need for front desk.

Melanie
03-15-2015, 05:00 PM
On another thread, someone confirmed that for Direct Check-In, they have your parking passes at the security gate, so no need for front desk.

But if you do online/direct check-in and want to just head to the parks, what would happen? To me, this kind of thing SHOULD be on the band, but I bet it's not. Just like AP parking.

Coleby
03-16-2015, 12:39 PM
I have scoured the disney website and haven't found anything. I would suggest calling or emailing them to find the best answer.