PDA

View Full Version : Episode 75 - Addicted to Hummus

John
03-14-2015, 10:29 PM
The Cast: Christine Warner, Michael Montanez, Melanie Bounds, John Yaglenski

- It’s our 75th Anniversary - Diamond! 75 podcasts down the line.
- Daylight Saving Time RANT!
- Addicted to Hummus.
- Soarin & Toy Story Mania Expansion.
- INTERCOT Consulting - Apply Star Tours concept to Soarin’
- John finally saw Big Hero 6.
- Michael gets sassy with John - It’s not a Spoiler!
- Segue Kings - on to Pirates refurb all summer long.
- Cinderella Review - Christine saw a preview. Lets hear from you on the forums.
- Run Disney Registration becoming tougher and tougher.*
- The Three Amigos Challenge
- Take It or Leave It - Ponchos! Mel yellow yes, clear no. Christine - Yes. Michael NO - refund my purchase. Cindy yes. John No.* That’s 3-2 Leave it!
- New iPhone Show Your Disney Side App.
- The new hub in the Magic Kingdom.
- Monorails not going away.
- Aloha Isle & Sunshine Tree Terrace. How will this help with traffic?* Bring back the Grape Juice stand.
- Galactic Gathering Cost - YOU make the call.
- Madonna & Kylie Minogue, Weigh in.

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, SHARE, LOVE... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-75.asp)

cer
03-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
03-16-2015, 10:19 AM
You forgot Cindy in the cast credits in the show notes!

Love all the movie chat, I am talking back to you all in my office as I listen, lol. We all cried during Big Hero Six, too. I can't believe you all liked Kingsmen so much. I felt like it was 2 completely different movies. The first half was great but then once that scene in the church happened it was like bad Tarantino fan fiction come to life. I hated it after that.

I take ponchos on every trip .... from the Dollar Store. There's no way I will pay that much for a Mickey poncho in the park. Most trips I never have to touch them, but the few times I have needed them it's been raining so hard they don't make much of a difference.

goofy for pluto
03-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Those of us who have been listening to the podcast for a few years know ..JOHN HATES DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! You let us know this every fall and spring..We get it... I just can't feel sorry for you and your first world problem that for two days you have to adjust to it. We all know that is about as long as it takes. As a cancer survivor, I know, and you should realize too that there are real problems in the world and important things to worry about. I for one love getting to the lake on Friday night late and being able to see how to get the boat into the water. Staying outside longer and enjoying the long days of summer. If you don't love it I am sorry, but plenty of people do.

John
03-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Those of us who have been listening to the podcast for a few years know ..JOHN HATES DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! You let us know this every fall and spring..We get it... I just can't feel sorry for you and your first world problem that for two days you have to adjust to it. We all know that is about as long as it takes. As a cancer survivor, I know, and you should realize too that there are real problems in the world and important things to worry about. I for one love getting to the lake on Friday night late and being able to see how to get the boat into the water. Staying outside longer and enjoying the long days of summer. If you don't love it I am sorry, but plenty of people do.

I will continue my fight against DST till the day I die. Viva Johnny Standard Time!

Melanie
03-16-2015, 07:20 PM

Woah now. Wow. Thing is, and i do believe we mentioned this, it's not more light in the evenings we are against....it's the manipulation of the clock two times a year. There is absolutely no reason it can't just be left alone and everything just happen naturally. You'll still have your daylight til 9pm in July. ;)

Christine
03-17-2015, 12:05 AM
I have no words! Couldn't have imagined this being a heated conversation. Sad.

John
03-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Nothing heated here. Its a talk show and that's my opinion. I will always hate daylight savings time as it makes no sense to do it anymore.

Let me assure everyone as a cancer survivor, I DO enjoy the little things and don't worry about a lot of stuff I used to but I'm not dead. I'm still going to point out stupidity and DST is just that.

I certainly am amused that I talk about it each year on the podcast. Just underscores what a hot button issue it is for me... Lol.

As I sit here at Portofino Bay, Universal Orlando this morning with my family, rest assured I am enjoying life and happy!

Live every moment.

AgentC
03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
As I sit here at Portofino Bay, Universal Orlando this morning with my family, rest assured I am enjoying life and happy!

Live every moment.

I didn't realize you were already on vacation. Have a great time. I'm jealously of everyone coming down here and enjoying themselves while I'm stuck at work looking at pictures. ;)

mickeyman42
03-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Listened to half of the podcast so far, loved the idea of the Soarin update, in fact I loved it so much I was able to post about it 2 years ago on a discussion board called "intercot" hehe

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200182

maybe I should charge intercot consulting a fee? just joking, love the podcasts, will be back to comment on the rest when I'm done listening!

mickeyman42
03-17-2015, 10:19 AM

Live every moment.

Lucky, staying at Universal is so amazing, having stayed at the HRH last year, loved the included unlimited express pass, its what makes for such a stress free experience compared to FP+

GMRO
03-17-2015, 11:13 AM
I didn't realize you were already on vacation. Have a great time. I'm jealously of everyone coming down here and enjoying themselves while I'm stuck at work looking at pictures. ;)

YEAH - what AgentC said!!!!

VACATION AGAIN?!?!?!? ;)

Enjoy JY!

Just dl'd the PC...will have to give it a listen. Though I don't mind the clock nonsense. My "girls" take about a week for them to get on the new schedule...feeding etc. But for me it is what it is. No kids here so I don't worry about mine standing out in the DARK waiting for the bus to pick them up pending on the sunrise/clock changes per the time of year/season. I just deal when it happens during those 2 times per year personally. Though I'd like to pull a Kramer and not change my clock once and see what it really does. I miss the 9PM lightness we have in the summer for sure.

mickeyman42
03-18-2015, 05:51 AM
ok coles notes episode review:

- Cinderella Review - Im ok with a live action retelling of the same story and I think this maybe the direction Disney goes with all of the other cartoon to live action remakes

- Take It or Leave It - Leave it, too hot and sticky when we travel

- The new hub in the Magic Kingdom. like that its opened up, hopefully it will ease congestion around wishes

- Aloha Isle & Sunshine Tree Terrace. If it makes getting a Dole whip easier Im all for it

- Galactic Gathering Cost - Not a chance, done with extra costs after the villians unleashed fiasco of last year. I have tricked myself into thinking these will be fun for the last time

- Madonna & Kylie Minogue. Kylie hands down

BriarRose0708
03-18-2015, 09:10 AM
I vote Madonna!

Buttercup
03-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Ok I have first hand knowledge now of the Aloha Isle vs Sunshine Tree Terrace dilemma.

I went to the new Aloha Isle area (behind the magic carpets) and all registers were open. It was still Soooo SLOW. But here's the kicker John: they DID have guys out front passing out menus so that customers could decide between the 6 items before getting to the counter. It did nothing to expedite the service.

Sunshine Tree was also lined up about as long as you would usually see it when it was Aloha Isle so I don't think the move is doing anything to shorten lines.

To Melanie's point, they have moved the smoking area from that area to OUTSIDE the gates of adventureland.

Buttercup
03-22-2015, 12:09 PM
PS - Madonna is tired. She's all "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" and it's kinda sad. I vote Kylie. :cool:

KylesMom
03-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Another amusing podcast :mickey:

Just because of the major deluges we usually get caught in, I'll take the ponchos . . . but would rather have my Yellow Mickey rather than Clear Disney Parks

Galactic Gathering cost? Shameful. I can't say anymore or it will end in a major RANT! Although I love the idea of the character dining options once again . . .

Aloha Isle & Sunshine Tree Terrace Swap - no opinion either way . . . but the Welch's grape stand John mentioned sounds SO GOOD! It left before my first trip to Disney I think . . .

Another Hands Down vote for Kylie Minogue!

Buttercup
03-23-2015, 02:30 PM
We still have our yellow Mickey ones after all these years. LOVE them. But I will only wear them if it's going to be a downpour. Otherwise a appreciate a nice gentle shower.

About 10 years ago, they switched from yellow to clear ponchos with Mickey on the back, and then it wasn't until more recent years they have the generic Disney Parks castle on it.

2Epcot
04-02-2015, 03:26 PM
I grew up in Arizona, the clocks never change there. Now living in CA for about 16 years ... I still HATE Daylight Saving Time. I miss the days in AZ that I never had touch any clocks or think about the time changing twice a year. The fact that my phone and car change automatically now, doesn't make me hate it any less. I still have at least 4 or 5 clocks in the house to change.