PDA

View Full Version : checking in online

Catzle
03-13-2015, 08:35 PM
How does this work and does this mean we get a room assignment before we leave home and go directly to that room when we arrive; we won't arrive until 10 pm

hope2survive
03-14-2015, 08:49 AM
My experience with online check in last December meant that when we got to the resort we went into a shorter, faster line, they already had all the information, and process was much shorter. An unoccupied CM scanned my MagicBand on a tablet while we were actually waiting in line and pulled us aside and completed the process, gave us the room number and map of the resort. I never got an advance room assignment, but our room was ready and we were there much earlier than check in time.

I thought I read somewhere that they were trying out texting you room assignments so you could go right to the room, but I'm not positive on that yet.

VWL Mom
03-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Direct to room check-in went live at all resorts with the last ones being added March 10th. In order to use the service you need to make sure all your credit card info and pin numbers are set when you do online check-in and have an MDE account. You'll get your room number via text on check-in day, provided you have your magic bands you'll be able to go direct to your room at check in.

manutd1
03-15-2015, 01:53 AM
I like to just check in upon arrival....We more often than not...get free upgrades..that probably would not have happened doing online check in.
It is amazing what you can have offered to you by simply doing something that is a lost art....TALKING and having a personal conversation with the C.M. checking you in. You never know what you may get just by asking...worse that happens....they say no.