PDA

View Full Version : Extra Fastpasses

goofy for pluto
03-12-2015, 01:39 PM
I just saw on another sight how to beat the 3 advance fastpasses a day system..and there were over 1500 posts in that thread. With so many people cheating the system it goes back to the saying.If everyone has a fastpass..Then nobody has a fastpass.
Way to go Disney. Design a system everyone hates so much they have to find ways around it to have the experience that they originally payed for. ie..experiencing the attractions that you promote on your commercials and web pages.

PopPhan
03-12-2015, 02:26 PM
It doesn't matter what they do or how they handle it, as long as there is a medium for a FastPass - paper, electronic, etc. - there will be someone who finds a way to "beat the system."

If it happens enough, then all FastPasses of any kind will be gone and it will be nothing but stand-by queues.

I don't think that would bother me, but in this world of instant gratification, it would be a major event.

BTW -- You can, by rule, get more FP+ options, "legally/legitimately," on a one-by-one basis, after you use your first three (or the return windows have run out) That has been discussed on these boards numerous times.

goofy for pluto
03-12-2015, 02:36 PM
BTW -- You can, by rule, get more FP+ options, "legally/legitimately," on a one-by-one basis, after you use your first three (or the return windows have run out) That has been discussed on these boards numerous times.

I wasn't really talking bout the extra ones you can
legally acquire ..I was speaking about how in order to have the experience you had in the past you had to find a way to get more fastpasses for the more popular attractions. One example of this was two people vacationing together and having 15 advance fastpasses a day each each on their vacation. Extreme I know..but I think once they found a way to get more, they figured why not get as many as we can.

buzznwoodysmom
03-12-2015, 03:09 PM
I think I know the thread you are referring to OP. I think it's pretty shady to do what is suggested in that thread. Seems pretty dishonest, and it makes it more diifficult for others to obtain wanted FP legitimately.

Disney should be able to easily stop this practice. Wonder if they will? Or how long it will take before they even attempt to?

Mrs Bus Driver
03-13-2015, 09:47 AM
I just ran into a similar if not the same thread and it isn't advance fastpasses (you still only get 3) it's day of passes. To pull off this trick you need separate magic bands connected to different email accounts. You will also have to spend 2x as much time at kiosks making these day of fp's. So if I'm reading this right the only time you get to do extra headliners (E-tickets) with fp is on a day of low attendance. Otherwise the E-tickets will be all gone and the only rides left most likely won't need fps. Seems like a lot of work for very little gain. If you want bragging rites that you got 15 passes in one day, by all means go for it. As for me I plan on enjoying my vacation.

dnickels
03-13-2015, 01:07 PM
It's like anything else Disney does, people will figure out what they can get away with and they've found a loophole here. I found the thread and forwarded it to Disney in an email via their guest services page. I'd encourage others to do the same, they may not be aware of the double-dipping going on. The more complaints they get about the practice the more likely they will be to put a stop to it.

goofy for pluto
03-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Mrs. Bus Driver....Not sure how many of those posts you read..What you described was one way of doing it. There were also other ways discussed that would defiantly give you extra advance fastpasses.
I am not saying I would do it, but I think if Disney had not made such a mess of the system in the first place there wouldn't be so many people trying to get around it.

yankeesfan123
03-13-2015, 05:33 PM
"Getting around the system", regardless of how you do it, is wrong.

Gator
03-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Was there a way of "getting around the system" with Legacy FP? I know there used to be a way to get a bunch of FPs and save them until the end of the day. But they fixed that mostly and made it run efficiently. There really wasn't a way to game the system. Slide in ticket, get FP, wait until your next window to get another one. Seemed like it didn't need fixing.

yankeesfan123
03-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Was there a way of "getting around the system" with Legacy FP? I know there used to be a way to get a bunch of FPs and save them until the end of the day. But they fixed that mostly and made it run efficiently. There really wasn't a way to game the system. Slide in ticket, get FP, wait until your next window to get another one. Seemed like it didn't need fixing.

It's not necessarily a "fix", but a "change".

To each their own. I think by now we realize some people like it, some people don't. This conversation has been had a million times.

It's the same with every single change that occurs at disney. Some like it, some don't.

Big picture: Disney brass think they can manage the parks and make more money this way.

And, let's face it, some people do see this as fixing a problem, namely guests utilizing a "runner" to hoard fast passes (I'm not saying that this was against any rules). The new system fixing that issue. 3 for you, 3 for me, 3 for the family visiting for the first time.

Instead of one family having 4 fast passes in one day for Soarin and leaving a 3 families who didn't get to the park until noon left out in the cold without a fast pass, they all can get a fast pass.

( obligatory "unless you stay off site or a local" caveat... sorry.. )

manutd1
03-15-2015, 01:41 AM
This is just an example of beating the system....not saying its wrong or right or whatever...but...folks WILL and of course DO find ways of getting more fast passes. Maybe "working" the system is a better word than beating. But, Its just the way it is. We can either....fight it...and be frustrated due to the fact we would lose. We could ignore it...and enjoy life. Or join the party...
To each their own as to what they choose.
I view this like the IRS....goodness knows how many millions and millions of Americans do their red blooded American best at beating the IRS!
Personally....I just ignore it...Do my thing and have fun at WDW!

Daisy'sMom
03-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Don't get me started on the fast passes and people that cheat. It's wrong, it's disgusting and Disney needs to find these people and remove them from the park.
I stood in line yesterday, for 80 minutes at Seven Dwarfs because I do not get to book fast passes until 30 days prior as a FL Resident Passholder. This was my first time on the ride.
What Disney should do is reserve two passes a month to FL Resident Passholders.
So, for the cheaters out there, the ones that find ways to get more passes, the ones that find ways not to pay for parking, look in the mirror at yourself and the shoplifter in your local mug shots. You are no better.

manutd1
03-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Don't get me started on the fast passes and people that cheat. It's wrong, it's disgusting and Disney needs to find these people and remove them from the park.
I stood in line yesterday, for 80 minutes at Seven Dwarfs because I do not get to book fast passes until 30 days prior as a FL Resident Passholder. This was my first time on the ride.
What Disney should do is reserve two passes a month to FL Resident Passholders.
So, for the cheaters out there, the ones that find ways to get more passes, the ones that find ways not to pay for parking, look in the mirror at yourself and the shoplifter in your local mug shots. You are no better.
Oh, I disagree. in the past..and now the ways to get more fast passes that IS within the rules. It is just a knowledge of understanding the system and use it to its max. No laws are broken both civil and of course Disneys rules aren't broken either. Remember back when we would use our fast passes out side the return window...there was no rule against it. Now in the end there was...you had to be there in the window.
But, yes..some may cheat..thats wrong. but, most of what i see in gaining more FP's..its certainly not cheating. Its just understanding the rules very deep....and going right to the line....but not crossing it. no stealing..so no mug shot...
Id compare it to driving 74 in a 70 speed limit. not gonna get a ticket and to the courts...no laws broke...within the error of radar....sorry for the horrible analogy...

goofy for pluto
03-16-2015, 12:01 AM
Daisy's Mom..I have been thinking about how to respond to your post. I think this comment is very telling.. I stood in line yesterday, for 80 minutes at Seven Dwarfs because I do not get to book fast passes until 30 days prior as a FL Resident Passholder. I find it interesting that all the negative feelings you and others have shown towards other guests for your long wait when it is actually Disney management that created this mess in the first place. For years they did nothing to improve the parks, now they are desperately trying to push guests to the less popular attractions because it is much easier than building new ones.

dnickels
03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
FWIW, a cast member called me today and said they're aware of the thread in question and are working on ways of shutting down that type of cheating. No timeline given.

DisneyGiant
03-17-2015, 11:42 AM
This is just an example of beating the system....not saying its wrong or right or whatever...but...folks WILL and of course DO find ways of getting more fast passes. Maybe "working" the system is a better word than beating. But, Its just the way it is. We can either....fight it...and be frustrated due to the fact we would lose. We could ignore it...and enjoy life. Or join the party...
To each their own as to what they choose.
I view this like the IRS....goodness knows how many millions and millions of Americans do their red blooded American best at beating the IRS!
Personally....I just ignore it...Do my thing and have fun at WDW!

I really think part of the problem is that 3 fastpasses are just not enough.

I think if they allowed us to elect 5 (though Lord knows - it would be hard to do for Epcot & DHS) - the drive to cheat the system would not be there so much.

My two cents...... :mickey:

PopPhan
03-17-2015, 12:02 PM
I really think part of the problem is that 3 fastpasses are just not enough.

I think if they allowed us to elect 5 (though Lord knows - it would be hard to do for Epcot & DHS) - the drive to cheat the system would not be there so much.

My two cents...... :mickey:

And if they gave 5, everyone would want 7....and so on.

The bigger problem is that they are tiering attractions and the most popular ("E-ticket") ones are being limited to one per park. I understand why - to give everyone (or at least a lot more people) an opportunity to experience them.

My bigger concern is that attractions that used to be "walk-on" now have substantial queues. That seems like a "shoot yourself in the foot" or "cut off your nose to spite your face" type of move.