PDA

View Full Version : MDE/FP+ Aaaarghh!

tundramom
03-10-2015, 12:02 AM
So, I am staying up late because 3/10 opens my window for booking FP+. We are staying @ Kidani, my reservation and all 4 tickets are linked on MDE.I have a nice little magnet from Disney saying March 10th I can "start making FP+" But when I look at FP calendar, it shows availability to April 8th only (30 day window). And of course guest services is closed for the evening because what person in their right mind would stay up late to plan FP+'s when they have to be up at 6 AM to work. :mad::thedolls::confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Did it work out for you?

I found that I couldn't see 60 days ahead until it was actually "the time" to book my FP+ ... which for me was about 12:15am.

Seems to be a quirk of the system, and a quirky system isn't fun, is it?

Main Street Jim
03-10-2015, 06:16 PM
And of course guest services is closed for the evening because what person in their right mind would stay up late to plan FP+'s when they have to be up at 6 AM to work. :mad::thedolls::confused:Canton...??

Canal Fulton here :)

tundramom
03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Canton...??

Canal Fulton here :)

Yep, Perry Heights!

tundramom
03-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Did it work out for you?

I found that I couldn't see 60 days ahead until it was actually "the time" to book my FP+ ... which for me was about 12:15am.

Seems to be a quirk of the system, and a quirky system isn't fun, is it?
I was busy clicking every link I could find to try to resolve the issue, at about 12:02 I flipped back to the MDE site and "magically":magic: a whole month opened up. I was so keyed up that it didn't get to sleep until about 2 AM:blush: So, I guess my rant was premature, sorry folks!

TheVBs
03-11-2015, 07:06 AM
I think whenever you have to stay up until midnight to do something, you get to rant. ;) So glad things opened up and you got it done. Did you get everything you wanted?

Daisy'sMom
03-12-2015, 01:10 PM
This whole system is worth a box of Cracker Jack! I remember the good ole days, when planning a trip to Disney was relaxing and fun.

Williams5
03-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Sorry for asking the obvious - but I haven't done WDW since FP+ took effect. So you can do your selections at Midnight EST 60 days out?

This is obviously different than ADR's which are 6AM 180 days out.

PopPhan
03-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Sorry for asking the obvious - but I haven't done WDW since FP+ took effect. So you can do your selections at Midnight EST 60 days out?

That is correct...IF you are staying on-property, 30 days otherwise, although the midnight EDT (now, since Daylight Savings Time has begun for 2015) time might be a little iffy. Just keep refreshing your browser page until they open up.

tundramom
03-12-2015, 07:53 PM

If you are staying on property 60 days and yes, midnight!

hope2survive
03-14-2015, 08:43 AM

I'm pretty sure ADR's are at midnight via MDE also, so if you want Be Our Guest, better start trying at midnight 180 days out.

snowflakegirl
03-14-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure ADR's are at midnight via MDE also, so if you want Be Our Guest, better start trying at midnight 180 days out.
I just booked mine a few weeks ago. I had hoped it was midnight 180 days out, but the reservation window on MDE didn't open until 6am on our reservation booking day.

AndrewJackson
03-14-2015, 11:40 AM
I just booked mine a few weeks ago. I had hoped it was midnight 180 days out, but the reservation window on MDE didn't open until 6am on our reservation booking day.

It was 6:00 AM for me as well.

Christine
03-14-2015, 12:04 PM
My head hurts reading al of this. Just too complicated.

Sylvia
03-14-2015, 03:01 PM
My head hurts reading al of this. Just too complicated.

Which is exactly why we haven't changed our way of doing Disney. There is so much to do and see, in addition to the "most-popular rides", and we have many favorite restaurants; we always have enjoyed our vacations and always will.

Gypsysmak
03-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Thanks for this info! I assumed I had to get up at 5AM to do FP+ reservations, so I had my phone reminders set to go off then...I just switched it to midnight the night before, which happens to be on my birthday. What a great birthday present! I get to choose my FP reservations, then get to sleep in!

tundramom
03-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Thanks for this info! I assumed I had to get up at 5AM to do FP+ reservations, so I had my phone reminders set to go off then...I just switched it to midnight the night before, which happens to be on my birthday. What a great birthday present! I get to choose my FP reservations, then get to sleep in!
Awesome:thumbsup: