PDA

View Full Version : Monorail cab riders

pixiesmimi
03-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Can you still ride up front in the monorail with the engineer? I know they stopped this after the accident but DH was looking at something online and it said you could ride up front. I am wondering if this is just old news.

GAN
03-04-2015, 04:44 AM
No ....those days are over

Coleby
03-04-2015, 07:42 AM
I made the comment to one of the attendants while waiting for a monorail back in September that it is a shame that we can no longer ride in the front.

She rudely responded with "well this is not an attraction, this is transportation so that will never happen again. It is only transportation"

So, because it is transportation and you can't be up past a certain point with buses and have them in motion that is the new excuse I guess....

I still miss it.

NewDVCowner
03-04-2015, 12:06 PM
I believe you can still do it at Disneyland, though.

goofy for pluto
03-04-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm sad we didn't keep all of our monorail co-pilots licences.

pixiesmimi
03-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Ok. That is what I thought but DH was on the Disney site last night looking at information and it said you could ride up front. I told him I thought that was old information and they had not updated it. Disney really needs to stay on top of updating their info.

Coleby
03-04-2015, 04:10 PM
After a lot of digging I found this that sums it up to why they allow it at DL and not DW.

Disneyland still allows riding in the pilot cabin. WDW does not. The monorail in CA is considered an attraction. In FL it is considered a mode of transportation.

But it all boils down to that accident in 2009.

BrerGnat
03-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Also, the Disneyland monorails only run two on the track at a time, they don't travel in reverse, and they coordinate leaving the stations at the same time so there is almost zero chance of a collision.

Sylvia
03-04-2015, 07:30 PM
And one of the two monorail stations at Disneyland is located in Tomorrowland.