PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Castle Crane Work

Airblue1
03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Is the crane still working on the Cinderella's castle?
Many thanks

Lynn J Mc
03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
It was last week. They take it down for Wishes. Pretty interesting to see guys being taken in a basket to the top of the castle. Now if that were my first trip to Disney - I might not have liked it so much.

buzznwoodysmom
03-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Wow! Christmas was over 2 months ago. Can't possibly still be taking lights off the castle, can they? Are they doing other work on the castle?

Niecyboo
03-02-2015, 08:38 PM
The crane was there today, so yep, they are still doing crane work.

Airblue1
03-02-2015, 11:09 PM
this is such a me me question, but when is the crane going to go away?

Coleby
03-02-2015, 11:28 PM
It is not going away. It is going to be the new park icon lol

pixiesmimi
03-04-2015, 01:51 PM
It was up one August when we were there celebrating our Anniversary (I'm assuming putting up lights for Christmas) but we couldn't get any Photopass pictures for our Anniversary with the castle in the background because the crane was always there. Looks to me like they could do this kind of stuff at night or at least not take so long to get it done. Yes, before I get flamed, I know it takes a lot of work and time to put the lights on the castle, but it sure ruins the experience for people several times of the year. Why would they still be taking down lights three months after Christmas?

Coleby
03-04-2015, 02:06 PM
I could be wrong but weren't they working on a completely submersive experience to correlate to the show they are installing at DL? Be glad we only got a crane. They got a giant skrim covering theirs.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-07-2015, 04:25 PM
It was up one August when we were there celebrating our Anniversary (I'm assuming putting up lights for Christmas) but we couldn't get any Photopass pictures for our Anniversary with the castle in the background because the crane was always there. Looks to me like they could do this kind of stuff at night or at least not take so long to get it done. Yes, before I get flamed, I know it takes a lot of work and time to put the lights on the castle, but it sure ruins the experience for people several times of the year. Why would they still be taking down lights three months after Christmas?

It's really not that bad. We've been down and have crane shots with Photopass and our own camera with castle. With a little,very easy photoshop work - Poof, it's gone! Along with inconvenient tourists that may ruin an otherwise great pict!! :D

paragon
03-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Seems like it's been there for an awfully long time. I say they should dress it like a dragon!

phillydan
03-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Don't you mean "Cinderella" Castle?

Patricia
03-09-2015, 03:25 PM
The crane is a pain, I have been there when It's up, but I do like to try and photoshop it out of my pics when I can. Or I get creative and take close ups (as below with the crane side out of view). You can always get down on the ground and add a person in this shot. :)

As Coleby pointed out, look at Sleeping Beauty Castle, Disneyland. Can't help that with Photoshop!

Main Street Jim
03-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Don't you mean "Cinderella" Castle?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::magic::magic ::tink:

PopPhan
03-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Don't you mean "Cinderella" Castle?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::magic::magic::tink:

Hahahaaaa! I get this, but actually I have less of a problem with this than I have with people calling 'Ohana....O'Hana. I never knew the Polynesian had an Irish restaurant!! :D

Airblue1
03-11-2015, 11:14 PM
It is her castle that has the crane, therefore Cinderella's castle has a crane.

conan617
03-12-2015, 04:37 PM
The crane has its own twitter feed.
WDW Crane :mickey:

goofy for pluto
03-12-2015, 10:25 PM
It is her castle that has the crane, therefore Cinderella's castle has a crane.

I think the name of the Castle is Cinderella Castle..
So Cinderella Castle has a crane behind it.
:princess:
To add to the confusion..Cinderella does have a royal table.
:D

Main Street Jim
03-16-2015, 10:14 PM
It is her castle that has the crane, therefore Cinderella's castle has a crane.It *isn't* "Cinderella's* castle; it belongs to the king, the father of the prince, that Cinderella married, thus becoming a *princess*...

Sorry. I'm being OCD here about "my" park :)

Airblue1
03-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Point🍀🍀