PDA

View Full Version : Episode 74 - There Is Something Wrong With Us

John
03-01-2015, 07:40 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Disney Podcast
Episode 74 - There Is Something Wrong With Us!
The Crew: Cindy Jachrimo, Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

- Epcot reference right off the bat.
- Missing but not missing the Oscars.
- Ticket Prices increase, break $100 for the first time. *Comparing other parks. Pass options. Non-Expiration option is gone.
- Annual passes for the water parks? *Didn’t know they existed.
- Orlando becoming an upscale market?
- John’s Trip. *4 hours refreshing the browser to find a room at the last minute.*
- All Star Movies started the stay. John thinks he has outgrown staying there. Likes AOA and Pop Century though. *Food court is still an issue. *Different lines for everything is a nightmare for a family.
- Day 1 to Epcot! Enjoyed LaCava and then moved on to Germany. *
- Day 2 to Universal. Warm Butterbeer is excellent!
- Day 3 random act of Disney kindness. To refresh the magic - take someone who hasn’t gone to the park before with you.*
- John loved Monsieur Paul - one of the best meals he has ever had at Walt Disney World.
- The last 3 hours of John’s vacation. What was supposed to be fun turned into a disappointing experience in crowd management and monorail maintenance. System needs some love. May be time to set aside some funds toward system upgrades.
- Speedway closing for transportation improvements. *Wondering if that means an improved guest experience into the Magic Kingdom parking lot?
- Can’t imagine Disney without monorails…
- Our special guest - Ana Fallas of the Disney Parks Mom’s Panel. She tells her story of a 7 year jouney to where she is today. Tells of her mom saving and how she contributed by babysitting to go to Disney World. Magical Moments at Epcot with a first step. We step through her favorites park by park!
- INTERCOT’s Take It or Leave It - None of us can remember what we were supposed to do! Mel - Leave It, Cindy - Leave it, Ian - Leave It, John - Leave It.
- Jungle Cruise Restaurant coming to Adventureland Verandah! *New restaurant.
- #runICOT & #cheerICOT 2016 planning and Paris run as well. Light the Night in Celebration, Florida.*
- We still love the mouse after all these years. *Plenty of magic still left to go around.
- Spread the random Acts of Disney Kindness - buy someone a Mickey Bar. Be Good and Do Good.

>> Listen, Download, Love, Share and GIVE A MICKEY BAR... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-74.asp)

goofy for pluto
03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Great Podcast. :thumbsup:

When Disneyland first opened the monorail was considered an attraction, not just as transportation. :mickey:
I am sorry to hear about all the issues John had trying to get to the park from the Poly. and I hope he isn't correct about the buses being the future. Totally agree with him when he said.
"I don't want to visit a Walt Disney World without a monorail"

dpamac
03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
We should make the INTERCOT Do Good Be Good spread the kindness a thing...

disneykidsince1970
03-03-2015, 03:43 AM
So happy to see the podcast on my itouch this morning!

*more comments later but for now...

Take it or Leave it.. TAKE it BUT... would be great if they could take more fun, random shots. I also take LOADS of pix...but I never actually IN them. One day, my kids will ask where I was all the times we went to Disney...

my point is that I would like to have more WITH ME ... but wish that the photographers wouldn't take so long to take the perfect shot... The perfect shot in front of the castle is great... but I don't need a lot of them.

I would rather have photographers in more locations where you could get really quick shots, just for fun...

We did Memory Maker this last trip and I have great shots of all of us on the rides (movies of us on the Mine Train too) and a few fun ones in Epcot but..

We had decided to spring for the VIP tour on our 2nd day and so, b/c we were shuttled around "behind the scenes" - we didn't take even 1 shot with a Disney photographer all day. At the very end, we asked the tour guide to take a few shots of us but by then, we were so tired, no one had a lot of bandwidth..and we looked a bit haggard. It would have been great to have random "action" shots of all of us or just the kids...but perhaps this would slow down the traffic flow too much?

Can't wait to listen to the rest!

Carolyn

cer
03-03-2015, 10:38 AM
"A Disneyworld without monorails is not a place I want to go." -J. Yaglenski

This.

If we need to start a campaign or make tshirts with this quote and start the #savethemonorail hashtag. I am in full support.

The speculation of the future of the monorail was the saddest part of the podcast. I hope they protect it.

Show some love to the monorails!

Tink1
03-03-2015, 11:48 AM
We should make the INTERCOT Do Good Be Good spread the kindness a thing...

agree

N

disneykidsince1970
03-04-2015, 03:19 AM
"

if we need to start a campaign or make tshirts with this quote and start the #savethemonorails! Hashtag. I am in full support.

love that!!

goofy for pluto
03-04-2015, 12:57 PM
if we need to start a campaign or make tshirts with this quote and start the #savethemonorails! Hashtag. I am in full support.

Wait..This is just speculation that they are thinking of getting rid of the monorail..Right?

If they make that mistake you can bet Universal will be building one, and it would be a huge success seeing as how their future hotels will be farther away from the parks.

cer
03-04-2015, 02:06 PM

Wait..This is just speculation that they are thinking of getting rid of the monorail..Right?

If they make that mistake you can bet Universal will be building one, and it would be a huge success seeing as how their future hotels will be farther away from the parks.

Yes, just speculation that the future of the monorails is not too bright. Members of the podcast discussed how it appears wdw people in charge think the transporation future is in busses.

Ian
03-04-2015, 07:52 PM
It should be noted re: the monorails that I think we were all just randomly speculating. I'm not sure if John had a source for his comment about the future being in buses, but I definitely was just stringing together some recent events and the overall TDO approach to the parks and reaching a reasonable but totally speculative conclusion.

I don't want to start any kind of panic that WDW is doing away with monorails.

cer
03-04-2015, 10:07 PM
It should be noted re: the monorails that I think we were all just randomly speculating. I'm not sure if John had a source for his comment about the future being in buses, but I definitely was just stringing together some recent events and the overall TDO approach to the parks and reaching a reasonable but totally speculative conclusion.

I don't want to start any kind of panic that WDW is doing away with monorails.

I apologize. I did not mean to cause anyone any panic. I understand that you all were just speculating and I tried to be very clear about that in my first post in this thread. What I find disconcerting is that it is such a reasonable speculation...but still very much speculation.

yankeesfan123
03-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Take It or Leave It:

Take Photopass x100. The service, "Photopass" is completely free. You can take 1 or 1000 pictures. Then, you get home and choose if you want to buy any of the pictures. That is a harder choice. But the Photopass service itself is an absolute no brainier.

Now, the Memory Maker product? No thanks. Like you guys said during the podcast, I have enough pictures from Disney at this point and I don't need to spend $200 for hundreds more.

But I'll definitely buy 1 or 2 Photopass pictures when I get home if they came out well.

Melanie
03-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Take It or Leave It:

Take Photopass x100. The service, "Photopass" is completely free. You can take 1 or 1000 pictures. Then, you get home and choose if you want to buy any of the pictures. That is a harder choice. But the Photopass service itself is an absolute no brainier.

Now, the Memory Maker product? No thanks. Like you guys said during the podcast, I have enough pictures from Disney at this point and I don't need to spend $200 for hundreds more.

But I'll definitely buy 1 or 2 Photopass pictures when I get home if they came out well.

Yeah, it's funny, none of us are sold enough on it to even remember or mention the Memory Maker by name. I hope it came across okay what we meant.

PopPhan
03-06-2015, 08:53 AM
"A Disneyworld without monorails is not a place I want to go." -J. Yaglenski

OR....In Spanish "Un Disneyworld sin monorraíles no es un lugar que quiero ir"

C'mon, if you are going to talk monorails......:D

John
03-06-2015, 09:04 AM

Other than forgetting - Juan Yaglenski

Well played... well played (slow clap begins)

TinkerbellT421
03-06-2015, 11:33 AM
I have an idea for the next "Take it or Leave it"....

Selfie-sticks or Tablets!!! lol

cer
03-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Perfection. ;)

Mendelson
03-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Why would you buy the non-expiration option?

Simple. If you have two very short trips planned, for example, perhaps work takes you to the area for a day or two or you're visiting family for a short trip - it is very, very expensive to buy a one-day ticket, as discussed in the podcast. Buy a one-day ticket twice vs. getting a 10-day non-expiring ticket (because you know you'll back eventually to use the 10 days up) and you've paid for the non-expiration charge easily by going the latter route.

I never really used it as locking in against future price increases, which I agree, doesn't make much sense.

But now it's moot.

yankeesfan123
03-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's funny, none of us are sold enough on it to even remember or mention the Memory Maker by name. I hope it came across okay what we meant.

We all knew what you meant! Probably worth it for big families on their once in a decade trip, but not worth it for us frequent goers!

Tekneek
03-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Regarding the incident with the monorails (and transportation in general), it is an example of poor customer service. I've encountered similar terrible service issues with Disney transportation. In general, they are good, but when they are bad they can be really bad.

The real test of service is not when things are going well. It is what they do when things are not good. CMs, on an individual level, are often good. When entire systems fail, Disney is downright terrible at this. When monorails dumped people, they should have lined up every bus they could get (or other transportation) to get everyone where they were going ASAP. The "WOW" w/ Disney is with the little things, which is great, but it needs to be there for big things, too. Make it so that very few of those 100 people have anything to complain about because Disney didn't let it be a problem long enough for them to be upset.