PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa Help

green ranger
02-27-2015, 04:33 PM
We are going visit Disney in August. I am trying to decide whether we should go to Sanaa for lunch or dinner. I'm thinking that we may not see many animals during lunch because of the August mid afternoon heat. Does anyone have any suggestions of whether to go for lunch or dinner to have better views of the animals?

faline
02-27-2015, 06:50 PM
The bigger issue is where you sit in the restaurant. There are many tables in Sanaa which have no view of the animals at all. I suspect animals are out all of the time so I don't think the mealtime would matter.

green ranger
02-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Oh no! I didn't realize all the tables don't have a view. We will be a party of 5. After I read your post, I looked at the picture of the restaurant on the site and it looks like the tables near the window are for smaller parties, like 2 people.

faline
02-27-2015, 08:33 PM
We were a party of two and were seated at a table with no view of the animals outside.

SBETigg
02-27-2015, 11:17 PM
True that not all tables have a view, but there are plenty of viewing areas in the resort, some right near to Sanaa, and it's worth having a look around if you're dining at Sanaa. I really love Sanaa for the food and service and atmosphere even away from the windows. Some of the window seats do seat parties of 4 and maybe more. I've been at the window with a party of four.

And I still think lunch is a better choice. The animals are pretty active in the afternoon, even in August. But also probably in the evening. In the hotter months, I like to break for bigger meals in the afternoon and save the cooler evenings for park time.

TheVBs
02-28-2015, 07:37 AM
We had dinner at Sanaa, but got there quite a bit before our reservation to see explore the resort and go out to see the animals. Our table didn't have a view of the animals, but we also went out after our meal and used the night vision goggles to look for the animals. That was a really unique experience (for us) and lots of fun!

AgentC
03-02-2015, 12:13 PM
True that not all tables have a view, but there are plenty of viewing areas in the resort, some right near to Sanaa, and it's worth having a look around if you're dining at Sanaa. I really love Sanaa for the food and service and atmosphere even away from the windows. Some of the window seats do seat parties of 4 and maybe more. I've been at the window with a party of four.

And I still think lunch is a better choice. The animals are pretty active in the afternoon, even in August. But also probably in the evening. In the hotter months, I like to break for bigger meals in the afternoon and save the cooler evenings for park time.

I agree with Sherri. The animals are a bonus but the food is the real star here. If you don't see them while eating , there are plenty of opportunity to animal watch nearby. I tend to prefer lunch for my seated meals because it gives me a nice break in the day.

#1donaldfan
03-02-2015, 12:45 PM
We visited there this past Thanksgiving week and for us the animals were the stars. The food pricing and portions were terrible by Disney standards. For us it was a "been there done that". We love the resort and the atmosphere is near perfect, but the food was just not to our liking. The night vision goggles for after dinner viewing was a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

green ranger
03-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Thank you everyone! Tomorrow is by 180 day out so I will be booking it.