PDA

View Full Version : FP+...what if?

baldburke
02-27-2015, 01:29 PM
I know there are "a million" FP+ threads out there. I'd bet it is one of the top 2 or 3 topics out here on Intercot. I've been hesitant to add one more, but what if FP+ scheduling was limited to a 48 or 72 hour window where you couldn't book until just ahead of your visit?

I know most are super busy leading up to vacation whether it's finishing up work projects, packing or even traveling, but wouldn't it be a better system? We're going in six weeks for our first full-on FP+ trip and I don't know which park I want to visit on which day. Vacation should be somewhat spontaneous.

I get booking meals months out, but in my mind a meal doesn't determine your entire day. You could be staying at CBR, get dinner at Tony's in MK and be off to Epcot for the night.

Is there any chance that Disney may ever get to this stage? Ideally it would be awesome if some FPs were available for the planners, but more were available for short term or even day of booking.

DizneyRox
02-27-2015, 02:36 PM
48 - 72 hours doesn't give Disney the info they need for staffing, etc. I doubt it would ever happen.

MNNHFLTX
03-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Good in theory but not in practice (at least for Disney). The more people they can get to book their FP's ahead of time, the better it is for them.

SBETigg
03-12-2015, 12:56 PM
But there is some flexibility as it is. I was there last week, and I was able to change plans mid-week and still get some major attractions. I had no FPs for Saturday, and we were spending the day at Epcot on the first weekend of the Flower and Garden Festival (busy day). Two days before, on March 5, I was able to book an FP for Soarin on March 7, and I had my choice of times. I was pleasantly surprised.

PopPhan
03-12-2015, 01:22 PM
If they ever go to 48 - 72 hour FP+ booking, they might as well go back to the 'day of' FP.

[Side note: Here's an idea....Redesign the MagicBand to have an LED ring around Mickey (much like the check in posts at attractions) that will light up when you have entered a FP+ window. Let everyone get FP+ options as they did with the paper FP - Get one, then wait until the window arrives {Blink Green}, or one hour, whichever comes first {Blink Blue}; Enforce the return window {Blink Green for first 20 minutes, turning to yellow for next 20 minutes, then to red for the last 20 minutes}; Let the visitor have a MAXIMUM of three (3) unused FP+ options on their band at any one time.]

As others have said, this 60 day FP+ booking is more for staffing than anything else. It is no great boon to the visitors, nor does it really do much for flow throughout the parks.

I will be doing my 2nd FP+ trip in April and have already booked my FP+ options, but am fully aware that my day-to-day plans may change and I my have to cancel what I had booked in one park and hope to get something I want, or stand in queues, in my new choice of parks and I am OK with that. I am taking a first-timer, so being scheduled down to the minute is probably not a great thing for this trip anyway.

LVT
03-15-2015, 09:25 AM
OK by me. Correct staffing makes for happier staff and better costumer service. :party:

MargaretMessler
03-15-2015, 07:32 PM
I understand the need for advance booking for the purposes of staffing, but wouldn't it be nice if they could even hold a percentage of the available FP slots at each timeframe for those who choose to "wing it" so to speak?

I know, I'm dreaming. I just wish vacation didn't have to seem so much like work at times