PDA

View Full Version : How many fP+ have you gotten after the first 3

manutd1
02-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Just a poll type question: On our last visit, after the initial 3 fp we booked 60 days out...everyday we were there we could get another three. making 6 total. Probably could have gotten more but some attractions only had a 30 min wait or so...in those cases FP isn't needed.
How many have you got on your last trip? AFTER the first three you booked in advance.
I ask this based on another thread discussion...

AgentC
02-24-2015, 07:46 PM
When I was there during marathon weekend, we went to MK on our last Sunday, we used our initial 3 and got 2 more. We could have gotten a third if we had stayed longer. We left around 7 or 8.

manutd1
02-24-2015, 08:07 PM
When I was there during marathon weekend, we went to MK on our last Sunday, we used our initial 3 and got 2 more. We could have gotten a third id we had stayed longer. We left around 7 or 8.
ok..I was thinking 6 seems to be a popular amount...you could have as you stated also. thanks for the info

crazygoalie39
02-24-2015, 10:40 PM
Is it possible to use your 3 FPs on rides and then get one in park for something like Fantasmic?

DizneyRox
02-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Is it possible to use your 3 FPs on rides and then get one in park for something like Fantasmic?

Yes

Pirate Granny
02-25-2015, 06:52 AM
We have never been able to add additional FP+ for parades or fireworks. Not even a week before. My DD got 4 additional FP+ on summer night in June.

azcavalier
02-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Zero.

But I've only tried twice. It's not that there weren't things available. They were just things that didn't need a FP, so I thought, "What's the point?"

hope2survive
03-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Only ever gotten one and only at MK. I think I may have tried for two but none of the choices seemed relevant.

LandFan
03-07-2015, 08:21 AM
We didn't bother. When we looked to see what was left it was all things that didn't need fastpasses or things we weren't going on anyway. It's taken all of the fun out of fastpasses really. I mean is nice to have them and not worry but there was an element of fun to the old system.

TinkerbellT421
03-07-2015, 11:38 AM
7 was our total this past January. The nice thing was the way the times fell. We literally would get off a ride we just used our fast pass for, walked to a kiosk, chose a new fast pass and the time allowed us right on without even a wait. That was nice.

manutd1
03-07-2015, 05:35 PM
7 was our total this past January. The nice thing was the way the times fell. We literally would get off a ride we just used our fast pass for, walked to a kiosk, chose a new fast pass and the time allowed us right on without even a wait. That was nice.
That was my experience as well.
Now, there is one attraction, I know for example.. that new mine ride that wasn't an option...they went fast. But, the rest...very easy to obtain another. The sad part is...alot of folks DONT GET another at the moment they can....which is a soon as you finish the attraction that your last FP was used on. Why wait? Immediately goto a kiosk and there will be FP to be had. That was even during a much busier time.
But, from what I have seen..is that a lot of people let a long time go before they get the 4th. Sometimes 2 hours go by from when they could have....and that is a grave mistake. Even with the old system...You need to get a new
one..immediately when you can...Much better change for a happier outcome!!:thumbsup:

RunDMV
03-07-2015, 05:56 PM
PT Barnum was right. just what where those fastpasses for? attractions that never required FPs before and don't really need them now?

manutd1
03-07-2015, 08:51 PM
PT Barnum was right. just what where those fastpasses for? attractions that never required FPs before and don't really need them now?
I have never got a FP for POTC, HM, IASW...just to name a few. no, I have never seen a reason to get one or a wait time longer than 30 min or s for those attractions.. Obviously, there are some exceptions during really busy days...but more often or not...30 min wait MAX on those. As for me, My additional fast passes..(meaning my 4th on) are always for SM, SplashM, BTMRR
Or EE in Animal Kingdom, TT at Epcot...and so on.
Also, SSE doesn't ever need a FP...well, hardly ever.
Now, If I want to ride say HM late in the day....and I don't want to wait...Then I'll goto the kiosk around 8pm and you can still get HM FP for a 9pm ride or later if the park closes at 11. But, i would only do that if i just wanted a walk on. Then head out.

Chrisbud
03-07-2015, 11:43 PM
I have never got a FP for POTC, HM, IASW...just to name a few. no, I have never seen a reason to get one or a wait time longer than 30 min or s for those attractions.. Obviously, there are some exceptions during really busy days...but more often or not...30 min wait MAX on those. As for me, My additional fast passes..(meaning my 4th on) are always for SM, SplashM, BTMRR
Or EE in Animal Kingdom, TT at Epcot...and so on.
Also, SSE doesn't ever need a FP...well, hardly ever.
Now, If I want to ride say HM late in the day....and I don't want to wait...Then I'll goto the kiosk around 8pm and you can still get HM FP for a 9pm ride or later if the park closes at 11. But, i would only do that if i just wanted a walk on. Then head out.

I'm not sure if it's just me but all of those acronyms are so hard to remember!

manutd1
03-08-2015, 12:34 AM
lol....i know. No matter what forum you are on concerning WDW/DLR..with the web. The acronyms are the same..and it took me quite a while to figure them all out. :blush: Its kinda sad...;)

Katzateer
03-08-2015, 08:08 AM
MK seems to be the only park it is worth trying to get extras. May not be able to get your first choice but I find at least one ride I want a FP for.
I have gotten 3 extras a few times at MK.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-08-2015, 02:40 PM
We got a few extra at DHS. It was quite cute actually, we'd used our three, and GMR had about a 40 minute wait (that's another discussion in itself), but there were FP+'s available for about 15 minutes away. Got a FP+, grabbed a drink and onto the attraction well before the posted wait time.

DizneyRox
03-08-2015, 06:58 PM
MK seems to be the only park it is worth trying to get extras. May not be able to get your first choice but I find at least one ride I want a FP for.
I have gotten 3 extras a few times at MK.

Something tells me it's the quantity of rides at MK

goofy for pluto
03-10-2015, 12:09 PM

The more time you spend on Disney boards the easier it will be to remember the abbreviations. Most of us on this sight can read a post like the one above without thinking about it.
If there is ever an abbreviation you are not familiar with, you can check info Central .. at the top of that page, John has provided us with a list titled.. ..abbreviations - What does it all mean?
:mickey:

PopPhan
03-10-2015, 12:17 PM

lol....i know. No matter what forum you are on concerning WDW/DLR..with the web. The acronyms are the same..and it took me quite a while to figure them all out. :blush: Its kinda sad...;)

This might help....

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp

:D

BadBoyBill
03-11-2015, 06:38 AM
We lucked out on our last trip and got 4 one day due to the app crashing and us being able to add one on the laptop because it showed only 2. We really didn't need more because we booked all the longer wait attractions and did Single rider on several others rather than stand in the queue to add them. Hopefully you can add additional FP on the app in the future after you have used all of yours up.

DisneyGiant
03-12-2015, 01:51 PM
We didn't bother. When we looked to see what was left it was all things that didn't need fastpasses or things we weren't going on anyway. It's taken all of the fun out of fastpasses really. I mean is nice to have them and not worry but there was an element of fun to the old system.

Yes this.

We couldn't get any extra in Epcot or DHS in July. The only think left was attractions like Energy or Muppets....... no need for FP

Never tried for AK - as that is a half day park for us....

And MK - we just waited in the lines for the mountains - or used the mornings for the shorter lines....