PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Walt Disney World photos

TheVBs
02-23-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm scanning a bunch of old family photos from my DH's family and I got a huge kick out of seeing the ones from a July 1975 trip! There are a lot of pictures of what looks like a 4th of July parade. One of the floats is a huge, Dagwood-style sandwich. :D There are pictures of the Jungle Cruise that I recognized immediately. And a couple of 20,000 Leagues. :mickey:

It also struck me how many pictures we take now compared to what our parents took. I'm scanning probably a good 20 years worth of pictures and they're in two, medium-sized albums. We take far more pictures on just one trip now! Especially if it's a Disney trip. :mickey: I totally get the film vs. digital factor. It's still just funny to compare.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-24-2015, 09:01 AM
How cool! Isn't it neat to see the old photos?

I agree - we snap away like crazy these days, a bit silly sometimes, but we end up with some super photos that way. :)

TheVBs
02-24-2015, 09:03 AM
I know what you mean! I love all of our photos. Even the bad ones. :blush: In fact, I'm having to go the photobook route now because we just no longer have room for more photo albums.

TheVBs
02-25-2015, 08:03 AM
You know, I wonder if there's a site with vintage WDW photos that you can add to. I would love to see more photos from that year.

Main Street Jim
02-28-2015, 09:10 AM
There's a FaceBook group called "Vintage Walt Disney World", where you can view - and add your own - photos...

TheVBs
03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Cool! I'll have a look for that. Thank you Main Street Jim!:mickey:

AgentC
03-02-2015, 04:30 PM
My dad was a slide addict. We have carousel and carousels of slide from childhood trips. My mom still has the projector. I need to watch them again and see if I can get them transferred to another format.

TheVBs
03-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Oh wow! That would be very cool. My m.i.l. gave us a bunch of family video on reels. It never occurred to me that there might be Disney footage on them! We've been meaning to get them put on DVD.

NJGIRL
03-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I know what you mean, we have sooooooo many pictures. I have at least 25 photo albums. I feel bad for my son....he is an only child and will someday bear the burden of storing all of them .:)

TheVBs
03-08-2015, 09:13 AM
LOL! I know! I sometimes look at all those photo albums and wonder if the girls are going to think "Jeez! What are we supposed to DO with all these?"