PDA

View Full Version : Annual passes/fast passes/discounts

NewDVCowner
02-23-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm sure I'll be able to get an understandable answer here. :mickey:

In 2016 my family and I are planning on getting Annual Passes for WDW. We have our first trip planned for January. I know you need to get tickets linked to your account prior to making FP+ reservations however how does that work with annual passes? Do we need to get regular tickets and then upgrade them to annual passes when we arrive? Can we link the annual passes and not activate them until we arrive? How do you go about activating them anyway? Additionally, if DVC does offer the discount on annual passes like they did last year, probably after our first trip, how does that work? Would we be able to get the difference refunded to us?

Thanks so much!

Butters
02-23-2015, 02:27 PM
If you purchase an AP you'll be given a confirmation number, you can use this number to link the AP to your account for FP's.

On your arrival date you will still need to visit guest services to activate your AP before entering a park.

DisneyFan1979
02-25-2015, 01:16 PM
My understanding is that the DVC AP discount is an ongoing perk so it likely won't be the case that you'd have to buy a regular AP and then later try to get a DVC discount applied later. Disney could decide to stop offering the discount (as it's not contractual). But as of right now, year-round you can buy an AP and get a discount as a DVC member. For the current discount amount and details, you can look on the DVC member site, click on Membership Magic and then Perks.

They do sometimes have a time-limited offer of special savings on premium AP's beyond the usual DVC discount.

Hope this helps!