PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Renovations

Jeff T
02-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Anyone have a progress report on the BC renovations? I recenty saw a few pictures of the refurbished rooms on the 5th floor. They look great.

Basket Mommy
02-23-2015, 08:26 AM
We're staying there in May. I'd love to see pictures! If you can't post a link, please private message me.

Does anyone know when they'll be done or how far along they'll be by May? I remember seeing news about this refurb when it started, but didn't pay much attention since I wasn't planning on staying there any time soon (at the time). This post jogged my memory.

Jeff T
02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised....no further info from recent Beach Club Resort visitors.

John
02-27-2015, 03:35 PM
I just stayed there - still a lot of banging and construction work going on. Also posted room pictures to our social channels.

Don't think mine was a reno room - however it was still quite nice. No complaints other than they should think about using shoe polish or sharpies or stain to touch up the tops of the dresser. Lots of scratches thru to the wood.

https://twitter.com/INTERCOT/status/567724432853311488

I believe the room was 3227.

MyDisneyworld
02-27-2015, 04:43 PM
I will be staying there in June so hopefully the majority of the rooms are complete by then. Looking forward to seeing what changed with the reno.

VWL Mom
02-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Last update I saw was the BC rooms were expected to finish in August. According to DVC the BCV reno would then begin.

BrerGnat
02-27-2015, 08:02 PM
John, you had one of the old rooms. I actually really liked the look of those.

The new rooms have ALL new furniture, to include a new dresser/TV stand. It is now much smaller with less drawer space.

New rooms can be seen by doing a basic Google image search. "Disney's Beach Club renovations 2015". Plenty of pics. The new rooms have the light blue backed headboards.

Basket Mommy
03-01-2015, 08:01 AM
So the DVC rooms aren't included in this round of renos? They'll start after August? We're staying at BCV in May and I was hoping for a refurbished room, but I guess I'm out of luck. Hoping that the renos will include a single foldout chair in the den. This seems to be the trend. When we stayed at HHI in November they had the new sleeper chair.

VWL Mom
03-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Anyone have a progress report on the BC renovations? I recenty saw a few pictures of the refurbished rooms on the 5th floor. They look great.

It's being reported they have completed work on the 4th and begun the 3rd.

So the DVC rooms aren't included in this round of renos? They'll start after August? We're staying at BCV in May and I was hoping for a refurbished room, but I guess I'm out of luck. Hoping that the renos will include a single foldout chair in the den. This seems to be the trend. When we stayed at HHI in November they had the new sleeper chair.

Hard to tell about the exact date. Some recent postings are stating the renovations will start when the BC is 75% done (March 2015), others are saying when it is complete (August 2015).

I would not expect them to add the sleeper chair, I was hoping they did during the VWL redo but no such luck. They are scheduled to add the pull down murphy in the studios so they will sleep 5. For some strange reason they're set on sleeping more in a studio than a 1 bedroom. :confused:

This is from the Annual meeting minutes

Also in 2015, Disney’s Beach Club Villas will receive a hard goods rehab with bathroom hardware items, such as faucets, being replaced as well as the addition of a 5th sleeper in the Deluxe Studios.

Crow
03-03-2015, 08:18 PM
bigger balconies..one of the two times i stayed there i got a tiny balcony..
ill look at the redone rooms, but i still dont think ill stay there again.even though its close to my beloved Epcot..unless its about half the price