PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Airlines

WLGirl
02-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Has anyone ever flown Frontier Airlines? They have the cheapest price for airfare but I know nothing about them....

Tink1
02-22-2015, 10:36 AM
I am flying them out of Trenton in April. I have not flown them before, but friends have and had no issues.

They allow one personal item and charge for carry on and checked bags.

Nanc

RunDMV
02-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Dont let the low advertised price fool you.

$25 for airfare. What? You want a seat, too? $37 more dollars, please. Would you like a seatbelt with that? $19. Oh yeah, our seatbelts dont come with buckles. That would be $4.50....$9 if you want a guarentee that it will work in the unlikly event of a crash landing.

What? You want to check your bag?............

VAdizneefan
02-22-2015, 03:07 PM
I agree with RunDMV -- very fee heavy.

brownie
02-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Sending this to the Water Cooler.

manutd1
02-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Low fares....then add bog cost..etc. Frontier isn't as good as it sounds..
I always use Southwest. IMHO, no one comes close.

vicster
02-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Low fares....then add bog cost..etc. Frontier isn't as good as it sounds..
I always use Southwest. IMHO, no one comes close.

Ditto on Southwest

LVT
02-27-2015, 11:54 AM
We use Frontier. It was basic, but fine. I have to agree with the carryon charges. People were just cheating the baggage fees. Weight is weight, in the cabin or in the cargo bay, the extra pounds cost money.

MNNHFLTX
03-12-2015, 09:17 AM
We flew Frontier to Montana a couple of years back and they were okay. Yes, they are heavy on the extra fees, but if you find an extra-low fare chances are it will still be a good deal, even if you end up paying for baggage, assigned seats, etc. I would run the numbers and compare with one of the major airlines.

Funny story about that flight. We were connecting through Denver and only had a 20-minute connecting time (it was the way their booking system set it up). So we were strategizing how we were going to get off the plane, find the information board to see our next departure gate and make it there in time. We got off the plane, went to the board--and realized that our connecting flight was the very same plane that we had just gotten off of! :whew: