PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga, AKL, OKW,Bay lake, WL

Crow
02-21-2015, 05:20 PM
looking at splitting a stay at 2 of these places to save money by renting pts. any opinions on these
SS studio
OKW studio
AKL studio or club
Bay Lake studio
WL studio
ive stayed at WL not the villas and love it
ive stayed at AKL but not studio
never stayed at OKW. SS, or Bay lake, but i did stay at Cont one night

Disney4us2
02-21-2015, 06:26 PM
We stayed at OKW in a studio for one night. Very large with two queen beds. I like the studio at Kidani better than Jambo. I like the bathroom layout better (Kidani). Stayed at SSR in the Congress Park area. Even though we had a car, I didn't care for how huge that resort. The room it's self was fine. Staying at WL in April so no review yet. Never stayed at BLT, but took the room tour a couple of times. Not a fan of the decor and the studio was much smaller. I use a scooter and not sure how well it would fit at BLT.

Out of those I love AKL Kidani. I like that the bus goes there first for pick up and drop off. Didn't bother me that is not a real quick service like at Jambo House. Second choice would be OKW near the HH.

disneymom15
02-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Well it's no secret, we LOVE LOVE LOVE BLT. Close enough to walk to MK and monorail to Epcot is awesome. Did not like SSR at all, would be our very last choice. We also liked AK, stayed at Jambo House regular room. Have never stayed at WL, but I think that would be a good choice.

Crow
02-21-2015, 11:01 PM
thanks..i do love WL its my fav resort. SS and OKW are cheaper than some so thats why im considering, and access to Disney SPrings. BL only because its close to MK for the gf. AKL i like the decor but the 2 times i stayed there i got parkin lot view..not great.

Maleficent's Dad
02-22-2015, 06:23 AM
SS studio

SSR - Standard studio (pullout couch, small kitchenette), lovely albeit a large, spread out resort, numerous bus stops, great access to DTD (Disney Springs), longer trips to/from the parks, lovely pools (3 themed), limited dining options at the resort (Turf Club)

OKW studio

OKW - largest studios with 2 queen sized beds (no pullout couch), spread out resort with numerous bus stops, limited dining at the resort (Olivia's), great access to DTD, longer rides to/from parks, much more relaxing atmosphere than most places, very cool but SMALL bar (Gurgling Suitcase), several pools - only one themed pool

AKL studio or club

AKL - standard studio, good CL, above average dining options, unique African theming, far from everything, nice pools
*I know people love this place & it gets awesome reviews from both guests and travel professionals, but it just wasn't to our liking - it's a "very dark place" (quote from our kids)

Bay Lake studio

BLT - small studios that don't seem to have been designed very well, excellent location & views, on monorail (or close to it), an abundance of quality dining & drinking options, much calmer than the hustle & bustle of the Contemporary next door, nice pools, great access to TOTWL, location, location, location

WL studio

VWL - Agree with you - Awesome resort, standard studio, villas are quiet & calmer than main building, decent location (BLT's is better), good dining options

Any of them will be fine. The 2 main differences to me would be location (including transportation) and dining. BLT wins those arguments hands down. But, BLT's actual studio rooms are the worst of the lot...

tjstrike
02-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Do a split stay between 2 of the 3 you've not stayed at, get a fill for all the great DVC resorts, that way if you decide to buy in the future you'll know which to purchase. All DVC resorts have their advantages and disadvantages, it's up to you to decide which you prefer. :thumbsup:

Crow
02-22-2015, 02:23 PM
SSR didnt really appeal to me, except for the treehouses which i would love to stay in but the cost is prohibitive. and i did read BLT rooms arent that great for the cost..location is the thing.
WL is the tops for me. some examples of cost for 7 nights:
AKL studio $1064
Club 2016
BLT 1722
WL 1680
SSR1484
but i wanna split so beginning of trip...
3 nights AKL studio $420 4nights 602
3 nights club 840 4 nights 1148
BLT 714 4 nights 980
SSR 588 4nights 840
WL 672 4 nights 952
OKW 546 4 nights 784