PDA

View Full Version : Signing Kids Up For runDisney events

jennsky
02-19-2015, 07:52 PM
SO...I've booked my 1st trip to Disneyland in NOVEMBER! OMG I'm over the moon about it. Staying all week at the Disneyland Resort. Cross your fingers that the Canadian Dollar goes back up in value before then. LOL! Anyways, I am going the weekend of the runDisney Avengers Half Marathon and my whole family wants to do the 5K. We will walk it with purpose! Tee hee! So my question: do I need to set up an Active.com account for each of my kids and then I have to sign up everyone in my family seperately the day the races go on sale? I hear last year's Avenger weekend sold out really quickly so I'm just worried that some of my family will get in and not the rest. There's just my hubby and me, and my 6yr old DS and my (soon to be) 9yr old DD. Any ideas for my plan of attack?? Thanks!!

AgentC
02-19-2015, 09:04 PM
First congratulations on the Disneyland trip. I went for the first time last fall and had so much fun.

I have never registered my kids for the 5K but we have done the kids races and it allows me to register them using my Active id. It asks you if you are registering yourself or someone else and then lets you put them in.

Since it is such a popular race , you may want to set up an active id for your husband too and then two of you can register at the same time so you get all the information in faster.

BrerGnat
02-20-2015, 11:00 AM
You don't need an Active account to register family members but I agree with Cindy's recommendation to do it simultaneously on two computers. The 5k races don't sell out quite as fast as the others.

Melanie
02-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Jenn, definitely have two computers/people ready to go, like Cindy and Nat suggested. The last few registrations have been iffy with links not working, etc. and I'd hate for you all to miss out.

jennsky
02-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Okay good to know. I don't remember it asking if I was registering for myself or someone else from before, but I wasn't looking for it either. So excited! Hubby and I will be all over it!