PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to fix strap on cross-body Mickey bag

WDW&MK
02-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I have a cross body WDW Mickey bag (kind of a messenger type but not as big). I purchased it probably 2-3 years ago on our WDW trip. I love to use it on our vacations because it holds all that I need to take with me. The problem is that the strap is really rough and is ruining any tops that I wear it with because it rubs against the top and makes it "pilly". It is very noticeable where the strap has laid against the shirt. I am not sure how to describe what the strap is made of but has a very rough edge on both sides.

Anyone have any ideas so that I can keep using this bag?
Thanks in advance!! I thought maybe someone either has the same bag - it's black with Mickey on the flap - or is clever with sewing or materials.
Kari

Disney4us2
02-15-2015, 04:12 AM
Go to either the automotive or baby areas of Target/ Walmart or any other store. Get a car seatbelt cover / baby carrier strap cover.

I have done that before when a strap kept cutting into the top of my shoulder and neck. It worked well, and there is no sewing involved with the Velcro.

VWL Mom
02-15-2015, 08:15 AM
If you're at all crafty google camera strap covers and you will find some good how to videos. You could use a quilted fabric to add some cushioning if you wanted to which is what I did.

Tink1
02-15-2015, 09:36 AM
I had a bag that the strap bugged me. I bought a roll of moleskin, cut it to fit and stuck it on the side that would be against my body

Worked.

Nanc

1DisneyNut
02-15-2015, 09:40 AM
I was also thinking seat belt cover.

Another idea I had is my samsonite laptop bag has a shoulder cushion that will slide off off the strap. If you have a similar type of bag/carry on suitcase, you might could rob one from it.

Tink1
02-15-2015, 09:50 AM
oops, double post

hoop de do
02-15-2015, 10:36 AM
I think a seat belt cover would be your easiest fix. Check online for a variety.
You could try an Auto store if you have one close. Good Luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
02-15-2015, 11:00 AM
How about the new duck tape that is now at all the craft stores? I just saw a picture of 2 that might do the job; one was red with white polka dots and the other was black and white chevrons.

WDW&MK
02-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all of the ideas!! Since I am not very handy, I will start with checking out seatbelt covers. That is a great idea and I would have never thought about that! If that doesn't work I will try some of the other ideas.

Thank you very much!! I would hate to stop using this bag, but I can't keep ruining my clothes either!
Kari

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-17-2015, 07:32 AM
Do you have a shoe repair shop in your area? They might be able to repair or replace the strap on your bag.
Our local Cobbler also does other repairs.