PDA

View Full Version : Wine And Dine 2015

Mr. Smee
02-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Ok, 2 Questions.

1) Who has done this run and how was it?

2) Who is thinking of doing in this Fall?

Thx

Melanie
02-14-2015, 08:59 PM
My hubby did the first one, and it was a blast. He loved the run and my boys and I had so much fun at the after party. We couldn't wait to do it again, so we finally made plans for last year. Pretty much a miserable weekend all around due to the weather. Funny, central Florida hadn't had rain for a long while, and then precisely at race start time, it starts to pour and came down steadily the rest of the night. The party was washed out and cold!!! But hey, if the weather is nice, it's great! ;)

We won't be doing it again until we're back local.

Yungbuck73
02-21-2015, 06:16 PM
The Jingle Jungle 5K was fun. Cold but fun. And as Melanie said, the 1/2 it rained and was nasty. The after party really wasn't worth the cost for people not running.

Yungbuck73
02-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Now that I saw this my brain started going. I think Dawn and I MAY try to do a quick weekend and do the Jingle Jungle 5K. Is anyone else thinking of doing it also??

AgentC
03-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Passholder and DVC early registration open tomorrow (3/3) at noon EST. If the pattern holds, the spots will go quickly.

I'm considering doing the 5K with my daughter but I'm not sure.

Yungbuck73
03-03-2015, 04:25 PM
We decided not to do the 5K for wine and dine. We have a non Disney trip booked for the next week so would be a bit much.

AgentC
03-03-2015, 08:56 PM
We decided not to do the 5K for wine and dine. We have a non Disney trip booked for the next week so would be a bit much.

I didn't sign up either Justin, though I could change my mind when regular registration opens. My daughter wasn't sure and there are so many less expensive 5Ks around.

Disney4us2
03-04-2015, 10:41 AM
I gave it a brief thought, but didn't sign up. I'm waiting for January 2016.

AgentC
03-17-2015, 12:23 PM
In case anyone missed it, Wine & Dine registration is open. Both the Jingle Jungle and the Half Marathon are 75% full at 12:23 EDT.

Yungbuck73
03-17-2015, 12:46 PM
As of 12:40 both are sold out. Hope whoever wanted in got it.

badkitty
03-17-2015, 06:57 PM
Anybody get in?

So what has made W&D so popular? I'm reading that charities and offical travel providers are either sold out or waitlisted. I have never seen such a crazy flurry.

Disney4us2
03-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Anybody get in?

So what has made W&D so popular? I'm reading that charities and offical travel providers are either sold out or waitlisted. I have never seen such a crazy flurry.

I hope it's not like this next month for January's event. I will be so disappointed if I don't get in for my first 5k.

badkitty
03-18-2015, 12:28 AM
I hope it's not like this next month for January's event. I will be so disappointed if I don't get in for my first 5k.

Marci, the APH early sign-up is a must do. It also sells out fast but it shouldn't be as crazy as the general registration. Just be ready to go before the time opens up.

Disney4us2
03-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Marci, the APH early sign-up is a must do. It also sells out fast but it shouldn't be as crazy as the general registration. Just be ready to go before the time opens up.

Which is better... The AP or DVC for early sign up? I can do either.

BrerGnat
03-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Which is better... The AP or DVC for early sign up? I can do either.

It's the same.

cer
03-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Anybody get in?

I don't know why it is so popular, but I think it may be because they removed two runs from the WDW line-up without replacing them. The Tower of Terror was a fall event that went away, so I imagine that a lot of those runners switched to the W&D.

AgentC
03-18-2015, 09:24 AM

The other thing to keep in mind is that even though you should be ready to go before registration time, the 5K during WDW weekend has a lot more spots than the Jingle Jungle 5K and the following month there is a 5K Princess weekend that runs the exact same course. It will still most likely sell out on the first day but not as fast as the Jingle Jungle did.

Maddie
03-25-2015, 08:50 AM
I just signed up and this will be my first time ever doing the Wine and Dine half. I have done Marathon weekend a few times but the weather tends to be very cold. I am not sure how I will like the night race vs the morning race but I am so excited for the after party that comes along with this race, seems like a blast!

cknorr28
05-13-2015, 06:21 AM
My Wife and I were able to sign up. She did the Princess this year and both of us did the Enchanted 10k. We can not wait.