PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Springs Racers at WDW

DNS
02-14-2015, 12:01 PM
I read in a book that Disney is considering adding Radiator Springs Racers (like at California Adventure) to what was the back lot tour at the Studios. This book is about a year old. Anyone heard anything about that.

Strmchsr
02-14-2015, 01:31 PM
That was indeed a heavy rumor about a year ago, but everything is on hold right now as Disney tries to figure out their master plan for DHS. It will probably eventually happen along with the major Star Wars additions, but they haven't moved forward on anything and probably won't for at least another year.

DizneyFreak2002
02-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Following up on some of what Chris said... Yes, Cars Land was heavily rumored last year... Current rumor is not happening... Toy Story Playland is the rumor to replace a large section of the Back Lot Tour, and being the first part of the DHS remake to begin, end, and open... One of the rumored attraction to Toy Story Playland is one of the rides from Cars Land, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, only themed to Woody, Jesse, and the horse, Bullseye is it? If this does happen, that removes one of the Cars Land attractions... also remove Luigi's Flying Tires and that mess is closing (or has already closed) in DCA, and won't be replicated in WDW... So that is now two attractions to remove...

If a Cars attraction does come, expect it to be an indoor dark ride not similar to Radiator Springs Racers... Which is just fine... DHS (or the soon to be known PARK FORMERLY KNOWN AS DHS), needs family friendly dark rides... Let RSR stay on the west coast, and put something different (new) into DHS...

DNS
02-14-2015, 10:14 PM
That's a shame because RSR was our favorite from both parks. It is a blast! We waited over 2 hours to ride it. It is very popular.

CleveSJM
02-15-2015, 01:36 AM
I don't think they need another Test Track in Florida. That is really all RSR is. The Crusher's Coaster in Disneyland Paris is needed at WDW. they should Star Wars or Toy Story theme it and put it in at DSH. (Or keep it Crush and put it in Epcot).

Melanie
02-15-2015, 10:15 AM
I don't think they need another Test Track in Florida. That is really all RSR is. The Crusher's Coaster in Disneyland Paris is needed at WDW. they should Star Wars or Toy Story theme it and put it in at DSH. (Or keep it Crush and put it in Epcot).

Test Track wishes it was Radiator Springs. I realize it's the same technology, but the experiences are worlds apart.

That said, I don't want it on the east coast. New experiences, please. Keep the parks unique!

EeyoresBestFriend
02-15-2015, 12:23 PM
... DHS (or the soon to be known PARK FORMERLY KNOWN AS DHS), ...

Am I missing something? Formerly known as? Is there a name change in the future? Or are you just referring to the fact that they are getting away from the studio theme?

Melanie
02-15-2015, 12:53 PM
DHS has been heavily rumored to be getting yet another name change, EBF.

DizneyFreak2002
02-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Am I missing something? Formerly known as? Is there a name change in the future? Or are you just referring to the fact that they are getting away from the studio theme?

Name change, as well as getting away from the studio theme...

RBrooksC
02-17-2015, 08:57 AM
To be honest, I can see them making this park in to Disney Hollywood Adventure.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese Theater is rethemed to the Carthay Circle Theater.

Doing this would allow them to keep the Hollywood and Sunset streets but scrap the whole backlot area to just theme them with their owned movie franchises.

Sylvia
02-17-2015, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese Theater is rethemed to the Carthay Circle Theater.

There already is a replica of the Carthay Circle Theater on Sunset Blvd.

Both the Chinese and the Carthay Circle Theaters represent the golden days of Hollywood.