PDA

View Full Version : Fruit

NJGIRL
02-13-2015, 06:24 PM
I have to vent a little......

I love to eat fruit, plus I am a vegetarian, so on occasion fruit maybe one of the only options I have.

Growing up I ate it all, there wasn't any kind I didn't like. We used to cut a melon in half and eat it with a spoon. I even drank pineapple juice. Long story short when I turned 24 I became allergic to pineapple, honey dew, and cantaloupe. I just can't eat it anymore and believe me, I do miss it.

OK here's my vent. My doctor told me that there are a lot of people out there like me, so I would like to know why so many restaurants,, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc mix there fruits together??

I went out to breakfast the other morning and couldn't get fruit because they mixed the strawberries and grapes with pineapple. I know quite a few people who can't eat strawberries but can eat pineapple. So they have the opposite problem. I can't go to the WaWa and get grapes because they are mixed with melons. Our grocery store sells fresh cut watermelon, which would be great for a quick lunch, but it is mixed melons.

I love having the option of "grabbing" fresh cut fruit for a snack or quick meal but it is almost impossible for me to do anymore.

I wish they would stop Mixing the Fruit! :(

Melanie
02-13-2015, 08:15 PM
I totally agree with this, not because of an allergy, but because I can't stand cantaloupe. It's flavor dominates a 'mixed fruit' salad. :sick: I've been a few places where I've had luck asking for a fruit salad leaving out the cantaloupe, but overall, especially at buffets, you're out of luck.

BrerGnat
02-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Totally with you Melanie! I hate melon. All melon. And it is often the only "fruit" option at restaurants.

SBETigg
02-14-2015, 12:44 AM
And that additive they sometimes use on fruit to keep it fresh after cutting? Blech. It's unfortunate, especially when fresh cut fruit would be your ideal and sometimes only go-to choice.

NJGIRL
02-14-2015, 10:27 AM
A few places have offered to "take out" the melon, which is nice of them, but what they don't get is once that it is mixed in, and the different fruit "touch each other" the juices mix and that is just as dangerous.

Years ago I stopped reading any thread that had to do with the dole whips at WDW because they were giving me cravings like crazy. :D

deedee73
02-14-2015, 04:09 PM
My mother is allergic to all melons. It is in so so much. Truly *****.