PDA

View Full Version : Tony's town square

RAIDER
02-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Has anyone ever eaten for either for lunch or dinner.. I've been going to DISNEY for many years and only just found out this place existed

I would welcome your experiences of eating there

Many thanks

faline
02-08-2015, 12:24 PM
They used to do breakfast too which was my favorite time to eat at this location. Alas, breakfast is no more.

I've had mixed results when eating at this location. Sometimes it has been very good; other times, just okay.

DNS
02-08-2015, 12:38 PM
We have eaten there a couple of times and liked it. It's not the best place, but the food was good (not great) and I liked the atmosphere a lot. Not planning it for our next trip, but I am sure we will go there again.

Mickey'sGirl
02-08-2015, 01:29 PM
We have eaten there a couple of times and liked it. It's not the best place, but the food was good (not great) and I liked the atmosphere a lot. Not planning it for our next trip, but I am sure we will go there again.I agree with your comments completely, but would like to add that the meatballs at Tony's are exceptional. Really very very good!

disneymom15
02-08-2015, 01:50 PM
We've eaten there twice (both times walk up, no ADR). Both times were very good.

NewDVCowner
02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
We went there twice. The first time we were very impressed and couldn't wait to go back. The second time every pasta dish was over cooked and mushy and the marinara sauce tasted like they poured tomato sauce right out of a can. Very disappointing and we haven't been back since. We do hope that was just a one off and talk about risking it again because we had such a great first experience but haven't made it back.

Scallywag
02-08-2015, 05:00 PM
We like it there. Desserts are very good. Great location.:thumbsup:

VacationDisney
02-08-2015, 05:09 PM
We like it. We have eaten there a few times and know what we will experience. The food is pretty good and the location is really nice.

chefmickey3
02-08-2015, 07:38 PM
We have had good food and love the atmosphere. The service has been less than Disney quality. Not sure why but we have felt like we were on hidden camera or something. Just weird experiences. We would like to go back this summer because the location is great and the kids like the menu. The pistachio crème brulee is delicious!

TheDuckRocks
02-09-2015, 09:41 AM
We have eaten at Tony's many times.
I can say we have never had a "bad" meal there. Most everything is fairly good.
Some items fit into the "I can get this better at....' fill in the blank. For me that is the fried zucchini appetizer.
The steak is my fall back menu item, I've never gotten a bad one.
On our last visit my granddaughter had the chicken parm and I was very jealous, probably the best entrée I've ever tasted there.
Then we come to the Pistachio crème brulle! OMGosh! As a crème brulee fan this one ranks in the top 3 I've ever had.

Checkers
02-09-2015, 09:36 PM
The last time we were there, it was the absolute worst meal and experience we have ever had at any of the restaurants at WDW. We have never been back but that was a few years ago so maybe it has changed.

If you decide to give it a try, I would be interested in your experience as the location is one of the best.

Arielfan98
02-09-2015, 09:58 PM
It's an ok restaurant. I'm accustomed to authentic Italian cuisine because I live in southern NY, near NYC. It reminds me of Olive Garden. I will say that their pistachio creme brulee is out of this world, though. I think this place has a good value for a Disney restaurant--affordable for a casual sit down meal.

AgentC
02-10-2015, 09:49 AM
I"m pretty lukewarm on Tony's. My husband loved his food when we went there but to me it had a definite frozen Italian meal feel.

The food wasn't bad but nothing memorable.

On the up side the atmosphere and the staff was very nice and there are really not a lot of great options for table service at Magic Kingdom.

For lunch I would pick Be Our Guest, The Plaza or the Liberty Tree Inn over Tony's. I'd be more likely to consider it for dinner if I were to go back.

crazygoalie39
02-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Tony's gets a lot of hate, but it's really not as bad as people say. There are certainly better places to eat, but it's not bad. The atmosphere is nice, especially if you're a big Lady and the Tramp fan. I'd recommend that everyone should do it once. If you do go, do dinner. There are much better options for lunch.

Dragongirlx
02-12-2015, 03:38 AM
We've eaten there a few times and the food has been good everytime. The service however has been variable, ranging from a truly spectactular server who went out of her way to make the experience great to a truly horrible server who was only concerned about getting her tip and was moaning about everyone she was serving in earshot of the guests.

Ms. Mode
02-12-2015, 09:35 AM
We have eaten at Tony's several times.

Sometimes after having eaten rich heavy foods for most of our vacation it's nice just go in there and get a plate of "regular" spaghetti.

The staff is usually very attentive and the food is good, not gourmet. :thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
02-12-2015, 11:48 AM
We ate there once years ago. It was just average Italian food. We see so many better options at Disney.

mickeyman42
02-12-2015, 02:35 PM
ate here for supper 2 years ago, wouldn't go back. nothing was terrible but everyones meal was just blah, and the whole experience (check-in, waiting in a crowded lobby, our table) was less than ideal, again, it wasn't terrible but I won't be going back.

#1donaldfan
02-13-2015, 02:06 PM
We have had many great meals and experiences there. Although it gets mixed reviews I know for us it's always "hit the spot". :thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
02-16-2015, 09:19 AM
As a NYC born, of Italian heritage, I say Tony's is Italian food wanna be.
There just ain't no decent Italian food south of New Jersey.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-16-2015, 09:56 AM
For my family - it is a miss - but we have an excellent local Italian place in our hometown that is always spot on - Original Owners are from Florence and Sicily. Their children now run it and use the same recipes. Handmade pastas, handmade mozzarella cheese.....
Nothing Disney has can touch that so we skip Tony's.

RedSoxFan
02-20-2015, 05:40 PM
We ate there for the second time in November. Excellent food and service. Would definitely go back.:mickey:

mommy2maddi
02-22-2015, 01:40 AM
We ate there a few years ago and loved it. The eggplant parmegan and tiramisu were to die for. I don't love Olive Garden, but I do love Tony's

keegansdad1
02-23-2015, 09:30 PM
We've been twice. First time was our first night on our first trip. Our travel agent booked us a reservation so we could eat on the patio while the 8:00 parade went by. It was awesome. The food was great, and, as our first experience with Disney service, the staff was exceptional. Our second trip was last year ... Had a last-minute ADR, and, again, we were not disappointed.