PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan for kids?

momof3+twins
02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
If we are on the dining plan, do kids in the 3-9 age group get a dessert with their meal? Also, are parent's magic bands equipped with the dining credits for the whole family or does each individual need to scan their band for their meal?

MargaretMessler
02-05-2015, 08:17 PM
The meal and snacks credits are a total of those for everyone on the reservation, so you can just tell them how many credits to redeem and scan one bands.

Have never traveled with those in the 3-9 bracket, but I think the composition of a "meal" is the same, but just you have to order from the kid's menu when one is available.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-06-2015, 10:48 AM
When you set up your My Disney Experience (MDE) account you will link all your family together. So be it using the photopass or Dining, all the magic bands should be linked.

When you get to the register you will tell them what credits you are using (Table service is slightly different) and if you are using a snack credit and CS credit (which we did frequently at breakfast) they have to ring that up as two separate transactions. The one thing you will do pre-trip is to set up a 4 digit pin number. Every time I scanned my magic band for the dinners or CS (and I think snacks as well) you have to enter the PIN #. You can set it up so only the adults have the PIN abilities (which helps with charging as well).