PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Carriage Arrives!

Patricia
02-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Better late than never!

The Carriage from the live action movie, which was to be on display Feb 1 - April 11, has finally made it's appearance in WDW. You can find it outside of the movie theatre facade on the Streets of America in Hollywood Studios.

The carpet has been rolled out for a few days prompting fans to worry that the carriage had become a pumpkin. :pumpkin: All that changed today when the carriage magically appeared!

The carriage, created under the direction of Academy Award-winning Production Designer Dante Ferretti, was custom built for “Cinderella.” Decked out in gold leaf and measuring 10 feet tall and 17 feet in length, the carriage weighs nearly two tons – although it looks light as a pumpkin!

While at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can also catch an extended sneak peek of “Cinderella” in the ABC Sound Studio. You can catch the entire film in theaters, beginning March 13.

Disney4us2
02-04-2015, 03:30 PM
I saw it today at DHS and got some pictures of it and in front of it. You can see it on the ICOT Facebook page.

Cass&KenziesMom
02-04-2015, 05:47 PM
We got to see it before the 3:00 parade at Magic Kingdom when we went over Christmas. They had the horses pulling it through Main Street. It was an exciting surprise!

TheVBs
02-05-2015, 07:16 AM
So cool! Wish we were going to be there to see it!

goofy for pluto
02-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Not a fan.
I didn't realize that the story of Cinderella was set during the Italian Renaissance. :shake:
I like the Disney animated carriage much better, more understated and elegant, and much better suited to the story line of the carriage being transformed from a pumpkin.

barbiegirl314
02-05-2015, 04:10 PM
How long is the carriage going to be there?

Melanie
02-05-2015, 05:11 PM
How long is the carriage going to be there?

Through April 11.

pox24
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Saw it yesterday. Very beautiful.