PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards Card ??

Lynn J Mc
02-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Has anyone used a Disney Visa Rewards Card to authorize charging to MAgic Band? I have enough $$ on the card to pay for our food while we are at Disney. If I can link that card I should only have to carry my ID around. Thanks!

disneymom15
02-04-2015, 02:32 PM
I wanted to do that on our last trip. What I ended up having to do was, every few days I would stop at the main desk and apply my rewards $$ to my existing charge acct. Also had to do that with all my disney gift cards.

Lynn J Mc
02-04-2015, 02:57 PM
That sounds like more trouble than carrying the card!

Goofy4TheWorld
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
I have, on every trip I have taken in the last 5 years, during the check-in process had the CM run my Rewards Card for whatever it was worth and immediately apply the money as a CREDIT balance onto my room charges account. Sometimes the CM says "sure", sometimes they say it cannot be done, but it can be done and I have successfully used my Rewards in this manner for the last 5 years.

The amount becomes a declining credit balance on the account, and anything I spend beyond the rewards amount would be charged to my credit card at the normal 500/1000/1500 mark.

The "apply as a credit" process will work for both Rewards Cards and Gift Cards.

disneymom15
02-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I have, on every trip I have taken in the last 5 years, during the check-in process had the CM run my Rewards Card for whatever it was worth and immediately apply the money as a CREDIT balance onto my room charges account. Sometimes the CM says "sure", sometimes they say it cannot be done, but it can be done and I have successfully used my Rewards in this manner for the last 5 years.

The amount becomes a declining credit balance on the account, and anything I spend beyond the rewards amount would be charged to my credit card at the normal 500/1000/1500 mark.

The "apply as a credit" process will work for both Rewards Cards and Gift Cards.

Interesting, my last 3 trips I asked to do that and was told it couldn't be done. Told me you can't have a positive balance.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Interesting, my last 3 trips I asked to do that and was told it couldn't be done. Told me you can't have a positive balance.

I have read several threads over the years where people post that they were told it couldn't be done, but I originally got the idea from someone who literally posted a detailed paraphrasing of the CM manual talking about this procedure. Apparently it isn't something Disney trains CMs on very well, but every time I have been told no, I have insisted that it could be done and the CM ends up being shown how to do it by a supervisor or another CM. I probably get a CM who knows how to do it, without help, maybe 50% of the time. The other 50% requires a little coaching, but I have never had any CM "attitude" about it, just a little extra time waiting for someone who knows what to do.

There are people who put down cash money as a deposit on the room account, which results in a credit balance just like with the Rewards. I have never understood why so many people report being denied the opportunity by a CM, but it appears to be a crapshoot on whether or not you can get it done easily.

disneymom15
02-04-2015, 04:23 PM
I have read several threads over the years where people post that they were told it couldn't be done, but I originally got the idea from someone who literally posted a detailed paraphrasing of the CM manual talking about this procedure. Apparently it isn't something Disney trains CMs on very well, but every time I have been told no, I have insisted that it could be done and the CM ends up being shown how to do it by a supervisor or another CM. I probably get a CM who knows how to do it, without help, maybe 50% of the time. The other 50% requires a little coaching, but I have never had any CM "attitude" about it, just a little extra time waiting for someone who knows what to do.

There are people who put down cash money as a deposit on the room account, which results in a credit balance just like with the Rewards. I have never understood why so many people report being denied the opportunity by a CM, but it appears to be a crapshoot on whether or not you can get it done easily.
Thanks for the info, next time I will insist they do it. It didn't make sense to me as to why they couldn't do, especially since it was day 1 of a 7 day vacation and guest obviously spend money while they are there.

LVT
02-06-2015, 07:26 AM
We do this too. I give the CM the amount I know will be spent first, they said they cannot give it back. We go to Pop mostly. I think the CM at Coranado Springs could not do it for 1 trip.
They apply gift cards and visa rewards card as a credit, it does take time.