PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain is open today

CaptSmee
01-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Anyone at WDW wanting to ride it today may be your chance. It is still listed as being under refurb so possibly it's getting a test run?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-31-2015, 10:46 PM
Yea! I love it when something opens early ... even just for testing.

Hope some people got to take advantage of it today.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Yea! I love it when something opens early ... even just for testing.

Hope some people got to take advantage of it today.

We did:number1: twice:number1:

Last week Tuesday we say them doing some staining on queue line posts and they were running empty flume logs through the ride. The Frontierland train station still had the viewing window in the tunnel covered so you couldn't see the steamboat finale of the ride.

On Saturday morning (1/31) we were able to do walk ons to Jungle Cruise and Pirates and then were making our way over to BTMR when we saw what at what we first thought were practice runs again, but when we got closer saw people riding it. We did an immediate walk on to the ride, got off, and did an immediate walk on again. I talked to a CM and he said they had it running Friday for a couple hours and then opened it a day early.

As we left for home Sunday, this was great for us as we didn't expect to ride it. Still, imho, probably the best themed ride start to finish in all WDW.

MrPeetrie
02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
... Still, imho, probably the best themed ride start to finish in all WDW.

I couldn't agree more. We always say:
" You're not in Walt Disney World until you' get to the Magic Kingdom; and you're not in the Magic Kingdom until you ride Splash Mountain.