PDA

View Full Version : DDP, Tips, & Disney Gift Cards

disneyfamily05
01-30-2015, 02:53 PM
We are traveling with the DDP and if I remember correctly the tip for your server is NOT included (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Can I leave a tip using a Disney Gift Card? OR can I charge it to my magic band and then pay off the balance with a Disney Gift Card (or does the Magic Band have to have a credit card linked to it)?

VWL Mom
01-30-2015, 05:40 PM
You can use a gift card to cover the tip or, if staying on property, you can use your magic band to charge the tip to the room and pay that off using a gift card.

TheDuckRocks
01-31-2015, 10:56 AM
They have allowed me,at time of check-in, to put my Disney Visa Rewards dollars on my room account thus an automatic credit on my Magic Band . If they were OK with this I can't imagine they would not let you do the same with a Gift Card.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-02-2015, 12:56 PM
I think for some of the dinner shows, the gratuity is included, but for a majority of the restaurants on the DDP, the gratuity is not included.

I had my Disney Rewards visa with me, and I'd think a gift card would be very similar and can be used.

It will be done as two transactions though. You will have to tell your server that you want to handle the gratuity as cash or other method. They will bring out a 2nd copy of your receipt that you will sign and it will only charge you for the entitlements used. Then you can either leave cash or tell them that you want to put the tip on another form of credit, in which case they bring out another receipt that you fill in and charge the gratuity too.

If you want it charged to your room, you just add the tip to your initial receipt and they will deduct the entitlements and charge your room for the gratuity.

There shouldn't be any issue taking multiple forms of Disney payments.