PDA

View Full Version : Getting new magic bands

IloveJack
01-29-2015, 09:08 PM
I gave our magic bands back to Disney to recycle, because I thought we were going to be going back for a couple of years, and I wasn't sure the lifespan of the battery. Now when I try to customize on the bands for our upcoming trip, it tells me that already have an active ones, and doesn't give me the option to make new ones. How do I get around that?

VWL Mom
01-30-2015, 06:31 AM
That's rather strange. I have 5 active bands and when I go to MDE there is the option to customize two more for upcoming trips.

From your signature it looks like you're staying on site, correct? Does your reservation show on your MDE account, if not you may have to link it. If your resort res is there, click on Magic Bands and Cards, you should see "your order" with a button that says "get started".

If your reservation is linked but there is nothing listed under Magic Bands and cards you need to contact Disney to get it straightened out.

minnie04
01-30-2015, 10:44 AM
It could be since you aren't going until July they are not ready to be ordered. Usually it will tell you when it's closer to the date that you can customize them and order I would call or do on online chat and ask now rather than later, so there is no hold up when the trip is closer.:mickey:

Fangorn
01-30-2015, 12:23 PM
It could be since you aren't going until July they are not ready to be ordered.

That's not the problem. I booked a trip in November for this coming August/September. As soon as the trip was booked and the reservation linked to me MDE account, I had the option to customized the bands. I have until the end of July to customize them. This is the 6th set of bands. The other 5 are all still active.

Steve

IloveJack
01-31-2015, 12:42 AM
Looks like I need to call Disney. Thanks for the info!