PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking in a little magic!

IloveJack
01-29-2015, 12:54 AM
We did two trips within 6 months just 6 months ago, and I promised DH that we wouldn't go back until the Halloween season of 2016 (mostly due to the fact that he wanted to go elsewhere for our 10th anniversary this summer). We had planned to go to DC this year (repeating our 1st anniversary trip), but decided it was just too much for our three kids that have no clue how government works, yet. So I told him to choose a new location, since I've "gotten" so many Disney trips lately.
He chose the Florida Keys (specifically Bahia Honda state park, as we love to camp). I started figuring out the plan, and knowing that we couldn't very well camp and fly, saw that we were looking at a 17 hour drive. When it hit me that we'd need a place to spend the night on the way down, and a place on the way back, I figured out how to sneak in some magic!
We're not going to tell the kids, but on the way back, we're going to stop at Fort Wilderness for a couple of nights, spend some time at the pool, DTD, and have dinner at Trails End and breakfast at Chef Mickey's! It'll be a quick in and out, with no park visit, but the kids will be excited to see the characters, and it'll be enough to hold us over till next year. :D
I can't run the risk of telling our friends, as they might tell the kids, but I had to tell someone our news!

faline
01-29-2015, 08:52 AM
What fun!! Glad you will be able to "sneak" in a little Disney time while on your trip!!

minnie04
01-29-2015, 01:39 PM
sounds like a great idea!!! When we go to TN I always think we should stop in for a night or two, but DH says we are too close to make Orlando our over night stop. If we take one at all..lol have a great time enjoy the keys as well it's so nice and relaxing down there.. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
01-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a plan to me! Enjoy your little bit of magic!:mickey:

magicofdisney
01-29-2015, 04:19 PM
I understand your excitement. :thumbsup: My husband flies in and out of Orlando often, so every once in a while I try to sneak in a day trip.