PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Route Changes Announced for Select Days in February and March 2015

Figment!
01-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Guests staying at the Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, or Disney's Grand Floridan Resort in February or Early March should be aware of the following operational change for monorail service.

From 11:00 am till 7:00 pm on February 3 , 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 23, 24, 25 & 26 and March 2, 3, 4 & 5 monorail service is scheduled to be modified as follows:

Resort Line service between Magic Kingdom, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, & Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only.

Express Line service between the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort only.

During the modified service periods, direct bus service to Epcot will be offered at the affected resorts.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-28-2015, 07:55 AM
I have tried, but I just can't pin it down. Can someone explain to me what this change is for?

To be honest, I am not entirely sure I understand the facts. So essentially there will be no Monorail service to carry you from any resort to the TTC, but you can get to the TTC from MK?

Does this mean the EPCOT Monorail is going to be down? If so, for what?

:confused:

dnickels
01-28-2015, 08:55 AM
I have tried, but I just can't pin it down. Can someone explain to me what this change is for?

To be honest, I am not entirely sure I understand the facts. So essentially there will be no Monorail service to carry you from any resort to the TTC, but you can get to the TTC from MK?

Does this mean the EPCOT Monorail is going to be down? If so, for what?

:confused:

Yeah the way it's phrased is really confusing.

It sounds like the resort monorail will not be stopping at the contemporary or TTC on those days but the express monorail will be stopping at the contemporary?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-28-2015, 10:14 AM
I agree! This is a very confusing release!

I'm assuming there is work that needs to be done at the TTC or the Contemporary on the resort monorail beam?

At least from the Poly you can walk to the Epcot Monorail, but from the GF, you'll have to transfer at MK?

At least it is just during the day ... peak transport hours won't be impacted.

Polynesian Dweller
01-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Reports on other sites indicate that there will be work to the roof over the resort rail at the Contemporary. This means shutting off power for that portion of the rail affecting the TTC resort rail as well.

The resort monorail will travel from the Poly to GF and then to MK. It will then reverse back to GF then to the Poly. So GF guests have a choice to take the resort monorail to the Poly and walk to the TTC or to MK and then take the Express to the TTC. Of course, the ferries from MK would also be an option.

DizneyRox
01-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Hmmm...

Very weird setup... Am I to assume that the trains will go MK, to TTC and then Contemporary? Sounds like they are avoiding the tracks between MK and the Contemporary. That could be the switches out to the barn as well. You can get off in the Contemporary on the Express Line? I thought that was the inner track and don't remember seeing any place to get down (I'm sure there's an emergency exit, but usually not idea for large groups of people).

Polynesian Dweller
01-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Hmmm...

Very weird setup... Am I to assume that the trains will go MK, to TTC and then Contemporary? Sounds like they are avoiding the tracks between MK and the Contemporary. That could be the switches out to the barn as well. You can get off in the Contemporary on the Express Line? I thought that was the inner track and don't remember seeing any place to get down (I'm sure there's an emergency exit, but usually not idea for large groups of people).

The work only affects the resort rail. The express rail can do the full route but will stop at the Contemporary to provide monorail service there. The monorail platform at the Contemporary was originally designed to allow for stops on both rails. It only takes opening some gates to allow people to use the escalators and elevators from the express rail side. The express route should be operating in its normal direction.

As noted in my previous post, it's the resort monorail that will avoid the Contemporary and TTC.

Figment!
01-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks for helping clarify, Polynesian Dweller. :thumbsup:

Phrased another way;

The Resort line will not be stopping at the Contemporary or Transportation and Ticket Center during the listed times/dates.

As a result, the Express line will add a stop at the Contemporary for its Guests to have monorail access.

The main impact will be Guests staying at the Polynesian Village and Grand Floridan trying to get to Epcot or to the other hotels.