PDA

View Full Version : Ride pictures automatically linked to MM? True?

disneyfamilyforever
01-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Hello All,

I have seen people on here saying that your ride pictures automatically link to your MM. Is this true? Don't I have to a least scan my magic band somewhere near the ride?

Thanks in advance,

Des:mickey:

joonyer
01-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Nope, apparently there is some kind of sensor that picks up the bands when you pass by, so the camera system knows which car you're riding in.
This is on 7DMT, not sure if implemented on other rides yet. No screens to even review when you exit.

Cass&KenziesMom
01-27-2015, 05:02 PM
It is being done on other rides. We rode Buzz Lightyear and didn't stop to scan our bands and they were on the PhotoPass site that afternoon.

Majix26
01-27-2015, 05:53 PM
That is so great! It makes me so excited for our trip!

CanadianWDWFan
01-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Tower of Terror and Test Track were also added to our account. Also there was a video of us from ToT and 7DMT.

TinkerbellT421
01-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Rock n roller coaster, seven dwarves, space mountain, they all were on our magic bands, automatically, without us stopping and scanning them...freaks me out to be quite honest. But that's just me. :confused:

chefmickey3
01-27-2015, 09:02 PM
It worked for us every time. I was afraid pictures would be lost but we kept track and we got them all! We did not have Memory Maker this time so it didn't matter all that much but when I purchase the package, I like to get all of the ride pictures. It saved time a frustration not having to wait in line to link the pictures. One part of Magic Band technology that I like!

joonyer
01-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Rock n roller coaster, seven dwarves, space mountain, they all were on our magic bands, automatically, without us stopping and scanning them...freaks me out to be quite honest. But that's just me. :confused:

Yeah, big brother Disney knows where you are at all times in the parks, what you eat, how long you stay in the bathroom . . . hey, it's possible, and it can give the the creeps if you think about it enough. :confused:

Basket Mommy
01-28-2015, 09:53 AM
We got the Memory Maker during our November 2014 trip. When I was looking over them at home, I was excited to see the videos from ToT & 7 Dwarfs on there. There were also videos created from some of the Photopass opportunities where we had posed with our hands open for characters to be added later. We had "videos" of Tink and Lumiere appearing in our palms. Pretty cute.

The Mine Train was the only ride I remember where we didn't scan bands to get the ride pics. I didn't even know our pic had been taken until I got home and saw it. It was pretty funny, because it had stopped raining long enough for the ride to reopen, but it started pouring on us again right in the middle of the ride, so our faces in the pics are hilarious.

Here's an explanation my hubby sent me about the technology in Magic Bands. I think he cut & pasted from another site, but I don't know which so I cannot give credit.

"Each Magic Band has essentially two pieces of technology inside – RFID and XBR. RFID is for close-up communication. Think where you hold the Magic Band up to the Mickey Mouse symbols when entering the park, showing up with a fast pass, charging to your room, entering your room, etc. It’s the same tech as some credit cards have, as well as some clothing tags in stores, etc. Just remember it’s for close up. Now XBR is Disney’s Long Range Receiver technology. Inside your Magic Band, in addition to the RFID chip, is a powered transmitter. Disney has XBR antennas scattered all over WDW and can identify where a specific magic band is through this technology. So when you get on the Tower of Terror or Mine Train, these antennas can quickly read ALL of the Magic Bands on a specific vehicle and then Disney’s computers do the rest. Which people have Memory Maker? They get the video! It’s just that simple and doesn’t require any slowdowns in having each person with a Memory Maker package swiping their Magic Band. And the info the XBR picks up is just the same as what the RFID has, so it’s secure and safe. But imagine what the future holds… Walking into an attraction and the AA characters greet you by name! A restaurant knows exactly what your food allergies are and the digital menu on the tablet they hand you changes to only what meets your needs or highlights your favorites! Your small child gets separated from you and Disney CMs know exactly where they are simply by locating their Magic Band location! The parks and cast members react to you personally, and suddenly, magically, your entire WDW vacation is personalized just for you. Amazing!"

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-28-2015, 10:16 AM
I seem to be the only one who this didn't work for. Unless we scanned our MB at the end of the ride, the photos wouldn't come up.

I don't know what we did wrong, but I'd check after the first couple of rides, just to make sure they are showing up. Disney did eventually find our photos, but it was a pain.

Mendelson
01-28-2015, 12:19 PM
As others have said, it's automatic and it's totally worth the steep (to me) pricetag.

And the video isn't just a video...it's a produced thing, with a lead in, music, etc., and then it shows you in slowmotion. It's extremely well produced.

But OP...as a fellow Steelers fan, I caution you about ever scheduling a trip during the Super Bowl. There's always a good chance that we'll be in it. :-)

disneyfamilyforever
01-28-2015, 03:32 PM
But OP...as a fellow Steelers fan, I caution you about ever scheduling a trip during the Super Bowl. There's always a good chance that we'll be in it. :-)[/QUOTE]

I know right. LOL I had it all planned out though if we did make it. That is a DTD day so we would have been ok.

Mendelson
01-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Well done. I was there for what would have been the Steelers-Broncos game and also had a plan for the family while I watched the game.