PDA

View Full Version : MK Crowd Levels for Day After Super Bowl

SwissCheese1981
01-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Historically speaking, does the Super Bowl MVP parade have much affect on MK attendance levels?
We were planning MK for that day, but now I am feeling a little hesitant.

Main Street Jim
01-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Usually doesn't happen until the following weekend (winners/MVPs are on media tours all week with TV, news, etc.) that I can remember. Doesn't really affect overall park attendance, but the parade route might seem a little more crowded for the pre-parade...uhhh...parade.

SandmanGStefani24
02-02-2015, 11:17 AM
where would one find info on when this stuff is supposed to happen? going next week and hoping it doesn't effect us negatively. thanks!:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
02-02-2015, 11:50 AM
sorry looks like I found the answer :-o

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-im-going-to-disney-2015-20150202-story.html

02-02-2015, 12:51 PM
I worked parades for a couple of them, 2010 and 2012 I believe (all runs together after a few years), and there was some uptick in crowds but not that much.

MVP would come the Monday after game, having gone to Good Morning America in the morning and then to WDW for the pre-parade and then some media stuff. Day parade route would be crowded for the pre-parade but then thin out some by the actual parade time.

Main Street Jim
02-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Usually doesn't happen until the following weekend (winners/MVPs are on media tours all week with TV, news, etc.) that I can remember. Doesn't really affect overall park attendance, but the parade route might seem a little more crowded for the pre-parade...uhhh...parade.

MVP would come the Monday after game, having gone to Good Morning America in the morning and then to WDW for the pre-parade and then some media stuff. Day parade route would be crowded for the pre-parade but then thin out some by the actual parade time.:mickey:

where would one find info on when this stuff is supposed to happen? going next week and hoping it doesn't effect us negatively. thanks!:mickey:Why would it "affect you negatively"?

SandmanGStefani24
02-03-2015, 10:22 PM
:mickey:

Why would it "affect you negatively"?

Well meaning larger crowds, ie longer waits and such. Let's not make this into something it isn't. Don't wanna start anything with any pats fans lol

ANG
02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
We were there last year in MK and it was a tad busier. Without fast passes you'd be waiting awhile.

mydisneygirls
02-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Let's not make this into something it isn't. Don't wanna start anything with any pats fans lol

LOL!!! I'm a HUGE Pats fan!!!! If you think the crowds at Disney are big, they don't compare to the crowd that will be at the victory parade here in Boston today....even with 5 feet of snow. You have to live here to appreciate how big of a sports state this is!

Main Street Jim
02-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Well meaning larger crowds, ie longer waits and such.Well, I figured that's what you meant.

Let's not make this into something it isn't. Don't wanna start anything with any pats fans lolI don't understand where this came from....I never mentioned either team..

epceddie
02-13-2015, 06:44 PM
We went to the MK the day after the Super Bowl and there were so many people waiting to get in that we left. The line for will call was about an hour long. Granted, we didn't get there until about 11 a.m. after driving in from Daytona Beach, but there were really long lines at the turnstiles and people were pouring in from the monorail and steamboat. We decided to save the tickets for our trip in September and headed off to the Poly for a nice lunch at Kona Cafe.
We've noticed that January is a lot busier than it used to be. Same for October. The good old days when there used to be a true off season are long gone.