PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Upgrade ?

missymouseworld
01-25-2015, 02:20 PM
We are planning a trip and have a Room Only reservation. We are purchasing tickets from the Official Ticket Center (Intercot Sponsor) and had a quick question. We are buying Base tickets and going to link them to My Disney Experience so that we can make our FastPass selections at our 60 day out mark. If we decide to upgrade to a Hopper when we arrive at Disney, is it going to be more expensive to do it at that time or is there savings doing it when we purchase from OTC? I am not sure where to get the cost of upgrading to Park Hopper only at the park/resort.

Thanks.....

VWL Mom
01-25-2015, 02:28 PM
The current add-on for 4 or more days is $60 plus tax. Keep in mind, last year ticket prices increased at the end of January and rumors are out that they're going up again this year.

I can't confirm this but I have read that if you buy a ticket from a vendor and upgrade at the park they are now charging the difference in the price you paid vs the cost of a base ticket from them. Whereas you used to be able to enter the park and upgrade on your way out and just paid the add-on some are reporting that with MDE that no longer exists.

IMO if you know you will use the PH and have the funds to get it now I would.

Fangorn
01-25-2015, 04:21 PM
In July, we purchased 10 day base tickets from OTC for our trip in Octobernd linked them to our magic bands. We knew going into that trip that we would be getting APs once we got there since we were planning on going back this September, but wanted to spread out the cost and also be able to make FP+ reservations at 60 days.

We went to Guest Services at Epcot on our first morning there and upgraded to the APs before ever entering the park. There was no "additional cost". We were given the full value of the tickets and only paid the difference. I'm not sure how Disney could even know what I paid for those base tickets. Sure, based on the serial numbers, they know what they sold them for to OTC, but unless OTC reports back to Disney on all purchases (an extremely unlikely scenario) how would Disney know?

Oh, and BTW, while I did have the actual cards for the tickets, I never took them out of my wallet during the upgrade transaction - everything was handled by scanning out bands exactly twice; once to start the transaction and then again just so the CM could verify that everything was showing properly afterwards. My MDE immediately showed the upgrade.

Steve

missymouseworld
01-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the input. After considering the impending price increase (thanks VWL mom...ready for the big snow?)and thinking about the time-frame we are travelling (Spring Break) I went ahead and added the park hopper when I ordered. I figured we would need it if one park was crowded and wanted to go elsewhere.

Fanghorn.....
I'm not sure how Disney could even know what I paid for those base tickets. Sure, based on the serial numbers, they know what they sold them for to OTC, but unless OTC reports back to Disney on all purchases (an extremely unlikely scenario) how would Disney know

That's a good point....didn't think of that. I am sure there are many ticket sellers around and would they know the exact amount you paid....say you had a promo code or something.

Thanks again all!