PDA

View Full Version : What are the attractions that are FastPass ONLY?

WDWPrincess
01-20-2015, 01:51 AM
I have heard that to ride Toy Story Mania now, you MUST have a FastPass because Disney will no longer allow people to enter a stand-by line.

In other words, the entire attraction is FastPass ONLY.

Is this true?

And if it is - are there any other attractions in Walt Disney World that are FastPass only?

Capt_redshirt
01-20-2015, 02:26 AM
They were testing this out last October. to my knowledge they have not implemented this policy and its hard to say if they will or not

Cass&KenziesMom
01-20-2015, 09:49 AM
No...not unless they implemented it in the last couple of weeks. We were just there through New Years and there was a horrendously long standby line (4 hours).

AgentC
01-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Yes, it was only a test and the stand by line is back. Last I heard the plan for that attraction is to add an additional track and queue. When they do once side is supposed to be standby only and one will be fast pass only. I don't think there is a date for that yet.

As of now everything allows a standby line.

Maddie
01-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Yea, just a test, I was there last week and everything had a stand-by.

mechanic
01-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Even the frozen princesses?

tjstrike
01-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Yes, it was only a test and the stand by line is back. Last I heard the plan for that attraction is to add an additional track and queue. When they do once side is supposed to be standby only and one will be fast pass only. I don't think there is a date for that yet.

As of now everything allows a standby line.

I don't see this concept working, either you'd have a really long FP line, or the ride would probably only run half the time ?

PopPhan
01-21-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't see this concept working, either you'd have a really long FP line, or the ride would probably only run half the time ?

I don't know about that.....FP+ & Single Rider plus overflow from StandBy if there is a slack time.

But, honestly, with the way the FP+ allotment gets taken so quickly, it will be years before the lines, FP+ OR StandBy, will even start to dwindle down.

AgentC
01-21-2015, 12:41 PM

I think that was one of the reasons for the the test- to check the flow of people going to the ride with FP+- so they could keep a steady flow. I have no idea if they figured out a way to do it.

Disney4us2
01-21-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm at Studios now, there is a stand by line for TSM.

CaptSmee
01-29-2015, 05:30 PM
This was only a test. One possible expansion of DHS is to create another building for TSM with one utilizing FP+ only & one being standby

DNS
02-02-2015, 12:13 PM
We have still not managed to "ride" this attraction because we never got there early enough to snag a FP and just do not want to wait in the horribly long stand-by lines. This year, I am looking forward to getting FP in advance so we can finally experience this attraction! I just cannot imagine waiting in line for 2 to 4 hours, but obviously some people do it.

DizneyFreak2002
02-02-2015, 03:41 PM
This was only a test. One possible expansion of DHS is to create another building for TSM with one utilizing FP+ only & one being standby
This is exactly what the test was for.. TSMM and Soarin, once the third theater is finally built...