PDA

View Full Version : Race Photos

Lacy
01-14-2015, 10:03 PM
I enjoyed all of the race photos from the runICOT weekend. And I was really impressed by the pictures of Melanie's husband with the characters. So Melanie or James or others - how do you get such good pics with the characters? Do you use an iphone? And have cast members take them?

What are the best suggestions for getting good race photos? I use my iphone in an arm band so wonder about taking it off and getting it out for the pics.

All of my races in the past I've been trying to improve my time so did not stop for characters. But I'm doing the Pixie Dust challenge in May and will be more concerned with finishing than my times so plan to stop for some photos and am looking for advice on how to get the best pics if I'm going to take the time to wait.

It would be great if they could link race photos to photopass but I understand the race photos are very different from theme park photos and understand why they use a race photographer.

JMTStone
01-16-2015, 03:37 PM
A Cast member (the character "handler") will use your camera to take pictures. The photos taken by marathonfoto (on the course) are separate from your photo pass and cannot be tied together. But wouldn't that be neat?

Anyway, being that I didn't dopey but I did run 3 races, my race photos are separated into 3 different packages. So I can't pick one from 5k, one from 10, and one from the 1/2 for my buy 3 so I don't really like their system.

But it was my first 1/2. And I do love the pic of me coming out of Cinderella castle. So... looks like I'm investing in that.

Lacy
01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Glad to know that there are cast members that will use an iphone to take pics with the characters.

I had to invest in one of the race photos after Avengers as I finally got a picture of me where you can tell I"m running and see the castle in the background (and it is all lit up since it was still dark) but I do think it is a shame that the run photos cost so much and can't be combined with my photopass order.

JMTStone - congrats on getting a photo that you like on your first half! It is worth the investment to commemorate the accomplishment!