PDA

View Full Version : Memory Maker Questions

Mariano O'Kon
01-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about MM regarding who can "save" photos into MM.

Last year I was the "owner" of MM therefore all pictures from attractions had to be scanned by ME, and only ME, if I wanted them into MM.

All other pictures from my group where OK.

The problem with this is that we were a group of 10 (my sister's family and mine) and at some moments we were not together.

Therefore if my sister went to an attraction with pictures (Test Track as an example) she couldn't add that picture to our MM.

Is this still the case? Or ANYONE in the group can scan ANY pictures (PhotoPass Photographer or Attraction) and they will appear on my MM account?

Thanks!

Mariano

joonyer
01-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Others in your group can have photos added to your MM, so long as their magic bands are "linked" to your account.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Anyone who is linked to your account, will have their photos appear in "your" memory maker.

One word of caution/advice. Disney will tell you that they will "automatically" pick up the MB and add the photo to your account. We never found that this worked. Unless we stopped at the photo counter and actually scanned our band, the photos wouldn't appear.

Disney did find all of the photos, but it was a bit of a pain, so I'd recommend getting the bands scanned to be sure the pictures come through.

Cass&KenziesMom
01-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Disney will tell you that they will "automatically" pick up the MB and add the photo to your account. We never found that this worked.

That's strange. It worked for us. In fact if I hadn't gone on the PhotoPass site to check for a specific picture (we only took a couple this trip) I would have never known there was a pic on it from Buzz Lightyear.

ANG
01-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Others in your group can have photos added to your MM, so long as their magic bands are "linked" to your account.

This is how it worked for us last January.

Coleby
01-16-2015, 05:40 PM
One word of caution/advice. Disney will tell you that they will "automatically" pick up the MB and add the photo to your account. We never found that this worked. Unless we stopped at the photo counter and actually scanned our band, the photos wouldn't appear.

I agree, we didn't have them research it and I missed out on a photo with my son. Thankfully it wasn't his first ride or anything, but it would have made a great picture.

joonyer
01-16-2015, 07:16 PM
We didn't miss out on any of our family's ride photos. All of ours were included, whether we scanned our band(s) or not. But, we did end up with another family's photo among ours. Have no idea who they are. So there still must be a glitch or two in the system.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-17-2015, 12:07 PM
For anyone who has come home to find a ride photo missing, Disney was very good at going back and finding my lost ride photos from my last trip, which is something I learned was even possible from posts here on Intercot.

My wife and I were doing the parent-swap thing and sometimes we messed up the "who has the red card" routine back when PhotoPass Plus required a special card to scan ride photos onto. Twice we ended up forgetting to go back and scan, and after we got home I was devastated to find that my son's TOT ride with me was AWOL.

Fortunately, as is my tradition, immediately after I got off of TOT my wife takes a picture of me hugging a tree on Sunset Blvd and being grateful to be back on solid ground. I called Disney and told them the time that my wife's tree picture was took, and they looked at the other photos on my account to see what my son and I looked like, and they were able to go back and find my pic!

So after all of that rambling, the moral of the story is to always hug a tree after riding TOT! :sick:

Sorry, it's don't be afraid to ask Disney to hunt missing pictures down, it is possible.